Need Climate Control pod - '86 Capri 5.0L

I am in the process of restoring my '86 Capri 5.0, doing lots of little things right now. The climate control pod (heater/AC controls) in the dash is toast. It has been cracking little by little over the last few years, and now the plastic got so brittle, it nearly disintegrated. I had been repairing it, but now it's beyond hope. The defogger and fan switches are OK. I have been told by Ford that this part has been discontinued, so my hopes of getting a new one are also toast. My local u-pullit yard is light on foxes of that era. So, would nay one have and be willing to part with one at a reasonable price? Or know of a decent source that could scare one up? Here is the part number for reference: E5ZH-19D903-AA.

Thanks in advance for any and all leads or sources.

Mike '86 Capri 5.0L 5-spd

142,000mi
Reply to
Mike Lenker

I too am looking for P/N "E5ZH-19D903-AA". Did you find a Supplier? If so, care to share? Also possibly interested in your old one as it possibly sounds I could combine them to get one in decent shape, as my selector is broke, but faceplate is good.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Reply to
Sailor

I have had to kludge together working controls for my 1985 GT over the years. Let me see what parts I have in the garage and if there is anything you can use we can figure out how to get it to you.

Reply to
carfan85

Tried a PM, but this board wouldn't let me.

Thanks for your reply. My e-mail is genemans (at) hotmail (dot) com . My unit was functional, the plastic slider for the selector (Def...Max A/C) is what broke inside the track, so the selector moves, but does not engage the appropriate vacuum switch. If you have one that works, with a bad face plate, I can swap the faceplates and make a functional unit. Let me know what you have, and a photo (front and back) and we will go on from there. Have a great evening.

Reply to
Sailor

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:06:50 -0500, Sailor rearranged some electrons to say:

This is not a bulletin board, this is Usenet.

Reply to
david

Various web forums suck in usenet posts to give the illusion of participation. Some send the replies back out on usenet.

Reply to
Brent

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:51:10 +0000, Brent rearranged some electrons to say:

Yes I know that. I wanted the OP to know that as well.

Reply to
david

carfan85 / everyone,

I have located several sources for the aforementioned part (used) ranging from $80-$125 plus shipping:

Here are the sources I've found for anyone else who may be looking for this part:

Thoroughbred Auto Parts [jbardino (at) nycap.rr.com] Prestige Mustang [allmai (at) prestigemustang.com] Performance Parts, Inc. [MustangParts (at) PerformancePartsInc.com]

===== P.S.

david,

Thank you for showing us your true colors... :hitwithro:banplz:

Let me enlighten you, most forums (which is what this is, a forum see

usenet is somethingdifferent and has been around since the early 80's and I have been aparticipating member since then, it peaked in the late 80's early 90'ssee
for enlightenment) have thecapability to send PM (Private Message). Since I felt what I had toshare wasn't really pertinent to public consumption, I wanted to send aPM. It is called netiquette. Please read
for further enlightenment.

FYI, BBS, is also something from the 80's, that requires a dial-up or telnet connection. See

for even moreenlightenment.

Reply to
Sailor

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:13:04 -0500, Sailor rearranged some electrons to say:

Yes, I am well aware. I'm sure I have a longer history than you do.

Reply to
david

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:13:04 -0500, Sailor rearranged some electrons to say:

Unlike you, I don't need to read wikipedia to know what bulletin boards or Usenet is. I was posting to them when you were just a baby.

Reply to
david