white face guages

Any one know where I can get white face guages for my 86 2.3L or have a tutorial somewhere on how to make them?

Reply to
John Wiebalk

IIRC, you can use the ones for the 86 5Liter.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Reply to
John Wiebalk

I had an 86 and it went to 85mph. I found a four banger in a junk yard that had a 140 in it? And it was the same, and fit right into mine. So if they still sell the white faces for the 86 GT's, I would think that should work.

Reply to
Gill

Ebay...$20...Says they have all the mph & kph I'm not the seller, nor do I know the seller.

Nick Burns
140 speedo wasn't until 1990 or 1991. Can't remember which.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Police cars were 140 before 90!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Marshall

Ford Motorsports offered a 140 mph Speedometer in their catalog as early as 1982, With the face change in 1984-1986, Ford Motorsports offered that as well...............Strictly a bolt in affair, without the change out of the speedometer gear

Bill S.

2.3Sleeper wrote:
Reply to
Bill S.

These are stick on overlays for the gauge. They look like they came out of a computer printer on laminated paper. I bought a set for my '66, and they look pretty good. It didn't take long to install, either.

Reply to
.boB

You are right Bill, what I should have said was "the 140mph speedo didn't come standard until '90 or'91."

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper