New Mustang

"Is there anyone here who thinks this new Mustang is anything less than a game winning grand slam, touch down or a slam dunk? "

Yeah, ME!

The damn thing is way too big and heavy. It would have been better to bill it a a T-Bird or a Lincoln MKIII or something at that size and weight. A pony car that weighs that much? It is to laugh. While I like the stying to a degree, the whole thing would have been much better executed in about 3/4 scale, or at least to the same dimentions of the pre '71 cars. Chrysler did it with the new Challenger, so why can't Ford? No wonder they are going bust, when they can only build overweight cartoons like this one.

Mercurynut

Reply to
mercurynut

What do you mean by Chrysler did it with the Challenger? That thing is gonna be huge! As I have read it is based on the the 300C and had to share it's same cowl so they just increased the proportions for the rest of the car. It is also going to be a true 4 seater. I do agree it is a very nice looking car, but still not as nice as the Mustang. You do need to get your facts straight before you post! Check out these dimensions, Wheelbase Challenger 115.9" Mustang 107.1 Length Challenger 197.8" Mustang 187.6" Width Challenger 78.6" Mustang 73.9" Height Challenger 57" Mustang 54.5" Weight Challenger 4100Lbs. Mustang 3450lbs

Markm70

2005 Legend Lime Mustang GT
Reply to
Mark M

Apparently he doesn't know the difference between curb weight and GVW.

chris

Doh!!!!

My Name Is Nobody

What gets me is the f*cking dealer adding 25K the the MSRP on the Mustang GT500's. They can all go rot in hell!

Al

Reply to
Big Al

My dealer only added 20K to the one they got. It's been sitting there one month now.

Reply to
John

Mercurynut...

And you're complaining about the Mustang?

Hah!

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Just got offered by a dealer to pay him $12,000 over MSRP for a GT500 today, I said NO Thanks... :-)

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Damn you and your "facts"! ;-)

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Saw a 300c the other day and parked my stang next to it, needless to say the stang was dwarfed. 300c was hanging over the end of the space and taking up the full width. Stang did look better though!

Seeing the figures on paper is one thing, real life is something else, wonder if the original poster has actually driven a new stang? I certainly don't see it as being heavy when behind the wheel.

Reply to
davea

:>> What gets me is the f*cking dealer adding 25K the the MSRP on the Mustang :>> GT500's. They can all go rot in hell! :>

:>My dealer only added 20K to the one they got. It's been sitting there one :>month now.

Saw a red convertible Shelby in the local Food Lion on Saturday. Guy said he'd paid $63K for it. Ouch!

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Well ford has Decided to build cars that they can keep on the dealer lots until they are a year old. that way if someone stupid enough to buy one for way over sticker comes along, they can recover the cost of moving the manufacturing to Mexico. I remember years ago when hot high performance Mustangs sold as fast as Ford could make them. Now Ford prefers to keep them on the dealer lot so 40 years from now someone can say... "see they only made 3 of those cars no one would buy them".

Reply to
Les Benn

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

They can keep them, Ill stick with my 65 that now look a lot newer.

Reply to
Ray or Bobbi Adams

Would everyone please stop whining about dealer markup on hot cars?

When dealers are stuck with too much stock, or slow moving vehicles, nobody complains about the rebates, price reductions, low interest financing offers, etc. Buyers will arm themselves with not only the dealer invoice, but with information on the dealer "holdback", and beat up dealers on price, which is their right. It's also the dealers right to make hay on cars that are in demand. I remember when the Honda Accord first hit the market. They were also sold above MSRP, and people were still on waiting lists. Now that everyone is making the same basic car, Hondas are sold discounted.

In this case, if your local Ford dealer sold these "Shelbys" at MSRP, they would be on ebay and still sold at a premium. Let the suckers pay over retail for these cars. Besides, there is nothing special about the "Shelby" except the name. You can build a much better Mustang for a lot less.

And no, I don't now, or have ever, worked in or owned an automobile dealership, although my younger brother sold new cars for a couple of years in the early 90s.

Reply to
John-Del

So what are you doing typing out all this screed? Stop all this yammering and typing and take the tow vehicle with a trailer and go get one already. Oh and if this were a web forum I would drop the smilie that has the sign saying "This Thread is Worthless without Pictures."

BTW I suggest the Grabber Orange with brown leather....

Reply to
WindsorFox

Congratulations...V6 is a worthy mustang truly.. I've had em all and the 2006 v6 impresses me after 10 000 miles as much as the day we bought it.

Consider a mod of the stock induction (air mass metering) with a dash mount tuner. Value for money and this can save gas while chugging around. Check with dealer for warranty...get them to do it and they become your partners in crime...

| | | So what are you doing typing out all this screed? Stop all this | yammering and typing and take the tow vehicle with a trailer and go get | one already. Oh and if this were a web forum I would drop the smilie | that has the sign saying "This Thread is Worthless without Pictures." | | BTW I suggest the Grabber Orange with brown leather.... | | | -- | "Yah know I hate it when forces gather in ma' fringe..." - Sheogorath | | "Daytime television sucked 20 years ago, | and it still sucks today!" - Marc Bissonette

Reply to
Lazimodo