Newbie H pipe question for 95 stang gt

I would like to put an H pipe on my 95 GT 57k original miles (9k by me over a period of 2 years, emissions exempt) Thinking of putting on a bbk h pipe but wanted to know the following. When I ditch the cats will it throw a code? Will it affect the way the car drives (I'm thinking the computer may think its running rich without the cats and compensate by leaning it out.) If it throws a code how can I get the check engine light to turn off. Is there anything about this I should consider?

All previously owned cars were 1971 or older muscle cars finally gave into buying a semi new car 2 years ago when gas was almost 2$ a gallon. Hey for a guy driving an 8 mpg dodge demon a 14+ mpg mustang was an excellent gas saver.

I need to get this done soon because I can hear a sound in the driver side front cat that sounds like its coming apart on the inside(very faint rattle originally when idleing but getting progressively louder) I guess even though the cars got low mileage its still 8 years old, I don¹t think anything in the way the car runs caused it to go bad because when I bought it 2 years ago and got the first emissions test done it was Extremely clean. I change oil every 2500 or after any trip over 200 miles, I use one can of b12 chemtool in the gas tank every lo0ng trip I take (about twice a year) Thanks Doug

Reply to
Nadesico