Next Mustang News

What's the future hold for our S197 platformed Mustang?

Exterior design changes:

Muscular-looking shoulder hump just aft of the door openings

-- Said to resemble that worn by the Dodge Charger, but more of a flowing line

Front and rear fascias get a tune-up

-- taillights are messaged a bit NoOp comment: I've always thought the taillights looked cheap.

The rear bumper gets a 45-degree bevel job

New colors and new wheel designs

The doors, roof and triangular rear windows in the sail panels all stay the same.

Interior design changes:

Large glass panel roof -- that stretches from windshield header to leading edge on rear window -- will become a factory option

New instrument panel will be more driver-centric and leave room for larger nav screen and audio gear

Seat fabrics and colors will be shuffled

Powertrain:

Current 4-liter six likely to soldier on

NoOp comment: C'mon Ford! Put that new sweet lil' 3.5 in there and I'd bet you'll lure away some sport coupe import buyers

The GT's 4.6 3-valve likely to get a bump. Seems the new Bullitt- edition Mustang's motor "has a future" and HP may swell from 315 to around 325.

GT500's standard motor may become the current 540 HP KR motor

-- Info from March '08 Motor Trend magazine

Comments?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I was happy to see that the all new glass roof option will have a pull out shade. Hope the rear quarter hump comes out as nice if not nicer then the '69-'70 model Stang's. Nice to see Ford is paying attention to its appearance. One thing that bothers me here is when it comes to performance it seems like Ford is content with playing catch up when they should be setting more standards. ATM Ford is enjoying having this market segment to itself and still they are losing sales every year!

Reply to
ND