No Brakes

I thought I knew how to replace brakes!

1972 mustang coupe Brakes were working not great, but they stopped the car. Replaced all wheel cylenders, masterbrake, shoes, drums (4 wheel drum, no power anything) and bled them. I get no air when bleeding, refilled the master 5 times (never letting it go dry!) and the pedal goes to the floor. Tires in the air, someone presses on the brake wheel stops but can be turned. Thought I got a bad master, returned it got a new (not rebuilt) same exact thing. No leaks anywhere. I've never done a four wheel drum brake system before, tons of drum\disk am I missing something?
Reply to
bf81

Did you adjust the brakes???

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
bf81

Did you bleed the master cylinder ?

Are there any leaks in the lines/fittings ?

Reply to
Brent P

Reply to
bf81

What's the condition of your brake hoses?

Reply to
CCTGENE

Experience has taught me that a four wheel brake job without a power bleeder is asking for problems. Either buy/rent/borrow a power bleeder or tow to the nearest shop for bleeding. You'll never get the air out otherwise.

bf81 wrote:

Reply to
Rick Olive

Rick Olive wrote in news:i7WdnelM89- HBeTZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Jeez, how did they ever bleed 'em for 70 or 80 years before power bleeders were invented?

Bleed furthest away in order to closest. Use a bleeder bottle and make sure there is no air in it before tightening the fitting. I've never had any problem.

Reply to
elaich

Reply to
bf81