no internet or catalogue sales!!!!

dont mail order or internet order any stereo parts...go to a local installer such as myself and get the part you need...lets keep the lil guys in business..i sell the plug for the aplication you need..10.00 plus tax..besides when u run into problems installing equipment...ask your local installer/shop where u purchased your equipment at for help...i gladly help anyone that wants to install there own stuff...if not depending on the equipment i sometimes install it for free..i know there are a few guys out there that really stick it to people but then again there are many guys such as myself trying to survive.. ~stew~

Reply to
stew

Actually, while I agree with you in principle, there are some drawbacks to what you say.

First, a lot of the little guys are not around very long (most new small businesses fail within the first 3 years). Because the little guy buys in limited quantities, he can't get the discounts the bigger guys get (my dad was small business two way communications which also did stereos, light bars, phones, etc).

What you let that plug go for ($10 plus tax) I might get for $10 including tax. Much the same as I shop the parts nationwide even though they are available right down the road from Mustangs Plus. CA tax is 7.75%. So if I buy a stereo system for a grand, tha's another $75, plus shipping and handling. I can buy out of state and have it shipped in, save the $75 to use for something else, and possibly even get a break on the S&H.

Many of the little guys know about as much as the big guys... which is next to nothing. That was very evident when computers hit the market. Pretty soon every little guy out there thiought he could slop together computers and make a mint. Two things happened. First, most of them turned out junk in order to make it affordable, and second, the customers realized it was junk after the fact, and they never webnt back. Those little guys disappeared. Around here I have seen quite a few stereo shops open and cater to the ricers,etc. They thought slopping together a stereo system was child's play. Most of them are gone, and so is the after sale service.

Sadly, for the most part, the little guy is like the dinosaur. He may be very good at what he does, but he really can't compete with the big chains. This is why so many fold up or get bought up. Why, after 26 years, my dad was forced to close up shop.

In time, the trend will reverse itself and the customer will again seek the personal service offered by the little guy and they'll turn their backs on the big guys. But for now, just as I am sure you do for yourself with groceries, or whatever, you shop where youi get the most bang for your buck, right?

Hav>dont mail order or internet order any stereo parts...go to a local installer

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

You better set up your internet store front...

Reply to
351CJ