Oil Sensor?

I have a 1989 Ford Mustang GT. It has a sensor on the side of the oil pan, just above one of the oil drain plugs. I believe it detects when the oil is too low and is connected to a Check Oil light on the instrument panel. Does anyone know what this part is called and where I can get one? Mine has a slow leak.

Thanks

Byron

Reply to
jonezzzman

Michael Johnson

Anyone know where I might find an oil sensor online? Or, do I need to drive to the local Ford dealer to get one?

Thanks

Byron

Reply to
jonezzzman

Go to Autozone, Napa, etc. and you can search for parts there. Like I said, if you only have a leak a new gasket is all that is needed.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Thanks for your help.

I bought the o-ring/gasket. It was about $5. However, oil appears to be coming from where the wire plugs in. Hard to tell if its the gasket or not. The sensor costs $50. I'm gonna wait on the sensor to see if the o-ring will work. I'll let you know.

Thanks

Byron

Reply to
jonezzzman