Once again the Detroit idiots outperform the Japanese geniuses

For the second straight month the sleepy greedy morons at GM and Ford, who make no vehicles that Americans want to buy, have done less terrible than the energetic innovative geniuses at Toyota and Honda. The record for December 2008 (vs. December 2002):

-31%--GM

-32%--Ford

-35%--Honda (-35% is also the industry average)

-37%--Toyota

The linked story also cites the usual unnamed "analysts" for the prediction that the 16 million/year vehicle sales we have been enjoying during the dark days of Bush 43 are gone at least until 2012, at which point they predict sales of 15 million/year. (The number for

2008 was 13.2 million.) My favorite quote:

"'After an era of excess indulgence, we=92re now entering a prolonged period of conservation,' said John A. Casesa of the consulting firm Casesa Shapiro Group. 'Trading in a car every three years is a luxury that the average American can no longer afford.'=94

("The average American" has been trading in for a new car every three years? I had not heard that. This John the Analyst must have a level of insider knowledge and insight the rest of us can never hope to achieve.)

Anyhow, here's a big big thank you to Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and President O! for delivering us from the soul-sucking tyranny of materialism and prosperity we enjoyed from 2002 through 2007. I can't wait to see what they've got on the drawing board for the All New All Green GM and Chrysler lineups for 2010.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Oops! This should say "The record for December 2008 (vs. December

2007)," not "2002."

180 Out

Reply to
one80out