opinion update...

well I let the mach 1 slide here in town.. it was gray..not my most fav color ..Not sure if the dealer would still knock 2500 off though.. I see a slightly used Azure mach 1, 650 miles for 25,500.. that is neat.. in southern IL.. I'll road trip if I decide.

I saw a used blue/charcoal 03 cobra in TX $29k.. 4500 miles.. need to ship contacted dealer

I saw a used black/charcoal 03 cobra in FLA 12500 miles... $27900 need to ship contacted dealer.

I got a "hurry up and decide call" from the dealer on the Zinc '01 vert here in town. He has tried twice this week to get me to come in and buy it, claiming there are other people wanting to buy it.. hasn't happend. He said someone was there tonight saying they will be back monday. Hmmmm ; ) he hasn't offered to budge on the price at all.. epecially when I said I was deciding on this over a mach 1. I guess I will call him back and tell him, "pursuade me to spend my money with your dealership. I have other cars I could have. why do i want yours " ?

decisions decisions...

Reply to
DaveZ

DaveZ opined in news:T4T5b.3670116$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:

You gotta know when to hold, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away..

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I've done the "I'm going to buy a car anyway. Why should I buy from you?" bit. The dealers have no idea what to say. I actually walked into a dealership and asked for the guy that I had previously talked to. I explained that I had spoken to him before, and I was ready to buy, I just needed to fill out the paperwork. I was left standing...and left standing...and left standing...for almost 30 minutes nobody spoke to me. As I was walking out, the same people that didn't even acknowledge me were tripping over themselves to get me to stay. I politely told them that I walked in with the intention of buying a car, but due to the poor customer service, I would be spending my money elsewhere. They were all looked appalled that I would speak to them in such a manner, but I went across town and bought a brand new car.

Reply to
Ken and Amy Andrews

Ken and Amy Andrews opined in news:Hk%5b.138$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Ah.. when you get a little older, you will get more vindictive.. if it were me, I'd have asked for the sales manager to make my exit speech.

Because you can bet he will never hear about that.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It was fun just to watch all these yahoos try to figure out what happened. The particular dealership is now closed, so it appears they were having trouble selling cars in general. I went to a Blue Oval dealership for my purchase. Had a problem shortly after getting the car, tried to talk to the manager about it, he was a complete a$$hole, but he's gone now, too. Life ain't all bad all the time. I got my Stang, and that's really all I wanted. :)

Reply to
Ken and Amy Andrews