Opinions needed! - Blower needs overhaul

Opinions needed!

Some plastic got in the supercharger oil and now the seals are waring out, will cost $700 to rebuild it. .

OR could get a new supercharger with a bypass for $3,000 to match new engine ?.

Or I could sell the DOA mustang with SC to be fixed to a gearhead for $1,000 to $5,000 ?

The SC is a KB 8# , without a bypass, ran for 60,000 with no problems at all, now it leaks a little oil as some of the plastic grit got into the front rotor seals. Car is a 1992 5.0 w 145k miles and new rebuilt engine put in at 140k miles, car in great shape.

Reply to
chuck

Why would it be so complex and expensive to take it apart and replace the seals or is there a lot more work / parts replacement that needs doing?

Another option... Remove the supercharger? Or is the engine's compression ratio been modified that it essentially has to have one now?

Reply to
Brent

I guess they dont rework them that much, that was the quote.

could do that, rest is still all stock

Reply to
chuck

Reply to
Michael Johnson

will give it a shot, want to get the air bypass, they used to offer a deal $1600 trade old, get new with air bypass about 6 years ago or more.

Reply to
habitoid