OT - A day in the life...

Dick and and I made it one month yesterday! On our smoke quit that is.

We finished getting our vegetable garden planted, did a little target practice and got some sun on our shoulders. It was a great day, and one definitely worth celebrating! Now we will have veggies, a little tan on my shoulders and the sense of satisfaction that only a job well done can give.

doesn't look like much just yet, but you wait about 6 weeks, and it will be BEEootiful! Seeds gotta sprout after all!

I had one HUGE opportunity to freak out and want a cigarette, but it never happened, the nicotine fit that is.

Toward the end of the afternoon we were getting ready to pack up our tools when I heard a distressed little squeak from a bird and looked up and spotted a snake, IN A TREE right at the edge of the woods off our back porch. I don't much like snakes, ok, they freak me out. I pointed at it and in typical hunting dog style told my hubby "HONEY LOOK!!! There's a snake up in that tree!!!!" In the part of the US where I was raised, snakes stay on the ground where they belong, they don't go slithering about in the freaking trees! You're taught to listen for the rattles and look DOWN for them.

Did I mention that this snake was IN THE GODDAMN TREE!!!??

As usual, he couldn't see what I was pointing at. Somehow he NEVER sees what I point at. Why is that? IT'S A BIG BLACK SNAKE IN A SAPLING FOR CHRISSAKE!!

all we had outside with us was the .22, he shrugged and told me to go get the shotgun, and I ran my fat ass into the house, muddy boots and all (aargh! light colored carpets!) and grabbed the shotgun. Then it occoured to me.. HEY! You want the shotgun next time YOU step and fetch it! But I was so wound up I forgot to tell him that part. I pointed at it again, and he still couldn't see it, so I ask if he wanted ME to shoot it. He shrugged and said "Sure, why not!"

Killing spiders, snakes and varmints have ALWAYS been men's work. It's part of the "I jump on the chair and scream, you get the broom and kill the mouse" routine. It has been that way for centuries! It's simply a given, protect the woman at all costs or the woman dumps you for a man with balls. He's not a coward, he just couldnt see the darn thing. He's killed lots of attack spiders and stuff.

So, looking like a member of the SWAT team with this fancy schmancy tactical shotgun (that I bought him for Christmas a few years ago) with one shot, I dispatched the GIANT BLACK slithering menace.

Ok ok.. it was three feet long at best. But in that tree, it looked like a monster!

Well, maybe not really, but MAN I HATE FRIGGING SNAKES!!!!! I was all happy that I had killed it to death, and look Ma! I never did want a cigarette!!

Ta Daaaaaa!

Annie Oaklie

Reply to
SVTKate

Kate,

Dang girl, why didn't you get closer for that Kodak moment with Mr. Snake? LOL

By the way, a black snake eats other snakes, or so I've heard.

Reply to
John

Poor snake! That thing was probably doing a good job of controlling the varmint population at your house. Now you are going to have rats and mice all over the place....LOL!!! Anyway, congratulations on not smoking. I am so glad that its a habit I never picked up. I watched my dad quit and he had a pretty tough time doing it.

Hey, I sold the lightning. Now I just own one piece of trash mustang. As soon as I get that turd fixed I am getting rid of it. Not sure what I am getting yet but i'm leaning towards a GMC pickup. Anyway, good luck with the garden and not smoking and all.

Erik D. '94 white lightning(gone but not forgotten) '01 white GT(I wish it was gone and forgotten)

Reply to
Erik D.

You're kidding.. right? They eat other snakes? Like the snakes that we have to shoot in the pond?

Now I have to go kick the cat.

I'll research that a bit. EIther way, I dont like snakes!

Reply to
SVTKate

| | Poor snake! That thing was probably doing a good job of controlling the | varmint population at your house. Now you are going to have rats and | mice all over the place....LOL!!! Anyway, congratulations on not | smoking. I am so glad that its a habit I never picked up. I watched my | dad quit and he had a pretty tough time doing it. | | Hey, I sold the lightning. Now I just own one piece of trash mustang. | As soon as I get that turd fixed I am getting rid of it. Not sure what | I am getting yet but i'm leaning towards a GMC pickup. Anyway, good | luck with the garden and not smoking and all. | | Erik D. | '94 white lightning(gone but not forgotten) | '01 white GT(I wish it was gone and forgotten)

You lil brat... c'mere so I can pull your ear! Just curious, why would you sell the lightening, and keep the turdmobile?

I've been thinking of getting rid of mine too. I have actually lost interest.

AND of all things, I have been thinking of a Chevy 4x4 shortbed pickemup. Or maybe some other thing I can run around in with 4WD. yea yea yea.. I know.. but I LOVED my chebby trucks. These Fords are nickle and dime-ing me to death.

It prolly wont happen for a long while though, I am still upside down on this car.

Be good!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Like Thunder Snakes? :-P

Reply to
Deputy Dog

It depends on what kind of black snake it is. In truth though, lots of snakes eat other snakes. Of course, the king of snakes is the King snake. King snakes can be solid black, but they usually have spots or bands on them. Many snakes are black though, some water snakes, and some are land snakes. If you see a king snake though, I really wouldn't kill it. In fact, most snakes are harmless and do a pretty decent job of keeping insects/varmints away. Erik D.

Reply to
Erik D.

Nice one Kate. Congats on staying smoke free you've got it beat don't let up.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

The reason I sold my truck is because I lost time and interest. It was being neglected, and you can't do that to a vehicle thats 11 years old and has 169,000 miles on it. The guy I sold it to will take much better care of it than I ever did, so I am happy it has a good home. As soon as I fix the turdmobile I think I will count my losses(or maybe not count them) and trade it in on a GMC Z71. Thats what my dad has and I absolutely love it, I should have gotten that instead of the poostang anyway. Erik D. '01 white poostang GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

It didn't offer you an apple, did it?

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... | You're like my wife. She wants to kill anything she doesn't like. I | just hope she never puts ME on her shit list. :)

Sounds like a great little gal to me! Chances are, you have more than one redeeming quality.

Kate

> [...]

| > So, looking like a member of the SWAT team with this fancy schmancy tactical | > shotgun (that I bought him for Christmas a few years ago) with one shot, I | > dispatched the GIANT BLACK slithering menace. | >

| > Ok ok.. it was three feet long at best. But in that tree, it looked like a | > monster! | >

| > Well, maybe not really, but MAN I HATE FRIGGING SNAKES!!!!! | > I was all happy that I had killed it to death, and look Ma! I never did want | > a cigarette!! | >

Reply to
SVTKate

Actually, I was shooting the apple off it's head.... wise ass !!

LOL!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I don't do spiders...my kids or my wife takes care of the attack spiders.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper