OT - Any Photoshop experts??

Wanting to know how to take two images and make one image out of them. As in a before and after pic out of two pics. Anyone good woth PS7?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Hi Mike, You can do it in layers. Create a blank page large enough to accomidate both of the images I would recommend minimum 300 dpi.. personally I prefer 600 to start. Use your selection tool to select the area you will COPY in the image. Click on your new image and go to the edit menu and choose PASTE Repeat on the second image. Now you can move, size or edit the layers in any way you like by choosing them in the layer pallet

Hope this helped

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

at 06 Sep 2003, Mike [ snipped-for-privacy@aol.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m24.aol.com:

Am I assuming correctly that you want them like side by side or one below the other? if so, it's easy.

  1. Load both images in Photoshop and get their H and V size in pixels (IMAGE menu, IMAGE SIZE item)
  2. Select the image you want topmost or leftmost. Go to the IMAGE menu and select the 'CANVAS SIZE' item. Now set the width and/or height in pixels so both images will fit. Make sure on the bottom part of the window you put the ANCHOR left or top, (depending on how you want it) then click OK.
  3. Your image should now have a nice big white part. Select the other image and go to the SELECT menu. Pick the 'SELECT ALL' option. Now go to the EDIT menu and pick the COPY item.
4 Select the first image (the one you made the canvas bigger on) and in the EDIT menu select the PASTE item. Your 2nd image should now be in there.
  1. To position it, select the 'arrow with the +' icon in the toolbox (left side on your screen) Click the mouse in the image, hold and drag to position.
6 If you got it how you like it, use the Save to Web (Photoshop 6.0) option to save it as a JPG suitable for use on a website.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Paul

Show off!

*wink*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

at 07 Sep 2003, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:bQH6b.10581$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

*L* Well thank you hon. I had no idea what the OP's knowledge level of PhotoShop wass. Hence my 'newbie, step for step' approach. *wink*
Reply to
Paul