OT -- new Google Groups feature

I don't know how many of you read or post through google.com. But if you go to the google.com home page and click the "Groups" button above the search query line, it transfers you from the web to the Usenet. To get to a group, you type e.g. rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang into the query line.

So anyway, check this out. At the top of any given post, this is the first line:

"From: JohnDoe - view profile."

If you click that "view profile" button, you get this calendar map tallying every post the author has ever made, month by month. Try it on one of your own deathless contributions and see in numero-graphic form what a huge chunk of your life you've wasted on the Usenet. Trippy, as we used to say.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

This is indeed revealing. I really have to find something else to do with my spare time.

Reply to
HerkyJerky

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Do yourself a favor and learn to use a real newsreader. Most Useneters killfile Google posters.

Reply to
elaich

"elaich" wrote

I've never heard of this and I've been using Usenet for 12 years. You know this as a fact huh?

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

Yes I do. It verily depends on where and to whom you are posting. In fact, Super News places much tighter restrictions on posts from the Google gateway that lead to them not being propagated to or from SN.

Reply to
WindsorFox

That's ridiculous! If they kill google posters, then what about "talkabout.." or 'carforums'?

And what about AOL'ers? While some AOL posters are, indeed, clueless.. if you went on THAT criteria, you'd also CERTAINLY kill WEBTV posters.

Hmmm....

The biggest troll on here and Ford group -Hurc- USES SUPERNEWS.. until we find a way to get him banned from his ISP, that is.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

People who kill Google do kill WebTV. Many who don't kill Google kill WebTV. AOL does not provide Usenet access, they all have to use Google now (hint)

Hence the reason he does not troll here anymore, at least not using SN.

Reply to
WindsorFox

That would be YOUR opinion - and who ask you for it anyway.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate