Stats

Sad to see how slow it has gotten... I remember the heydays too well, and the damn addiction too :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Yep, but I still watch and wait.

Reply to
Dennis

And see the top poster is a spammer :(

That doesn't help the NG live. Sometimes I this an RAMVA forum is in order so we can manage the spam ?

would be a shame if RAMVA died !, its sorta like home :)

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Yeah, it's definitely not like it used to be. Need something to happen to shake things up. Something drastic like someone going crazy on an old beetle and hacking it up into a baja. Too bad I promised to never do that again, especially with all of the trails I have now RIGHT IN MY BACK YARD and in the over 600 acres of woods next door that would sure make for some kick-ass adventures. I'm thinking of going to the dealer today to look at an ATV so I can enjoy the trails some. Those things are expensive, though. Probably $4000 or more. Imagine what I could do to my 64 Beetle with that kind of $. Full baja kit, winch, oversized motor, huge tires, etc, etc, etc. Yep, just imagine. *sigh*

Reply to
Shag

You still have other options. You could rape a Ghia in the same fashion :) Or build an off-road bus, mid-engine V8 for more oomph... seating for the whole family...

Jan

Reply to
Jan

It would be good to see a 'Shaggy' adventure again !

What you upto these days ? I know you went with the biker lot for a while. You still into that ? or you just working too hard these days ?

your new abode looks like a dream :) btw. we dont get that kinda space on our tiny little island :(

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

I traded in my cruiser motorcycle to get 2 atvs for the kids. Kim traded her bike in for an atv for herself. I have a gsx-r 750 that i ride a lot on the street, the 64 beetle for nice weather, and a '01 police interceptor crown victoria to drive when i need AC. I just rode my wife's atv back in the woods with the kids waaaaaaaaaay down the power-line trails. I kept thinking "Oh, the LCB could have SLAYED this hill..." and things like that. Hmmm.....

Reply to
Shag

love him or hate him(at the time) you'll notice the most activity in this group ever, was centered around the time Shag was building the LCB!!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Those who mistake activity for progress are usually unable to understand that the person who does the most talking often says very little worth listening to.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
BobHoover

That's rather verbose, Bob.

:)

Reply to
pico

Nah. Let's build the ultimate horror story - a Bug put together with every conceivable crap bolt-on accessory, all the magical go-fast gimmicks, cut corners to the brink of total liability, in other words the typical kid's wet dream.

I'm off to the Dollar Store for the paint and flower stickers.

Reply to
pico

you ASSume a lot bob....i merely pointed out that there was *indeed* the most activity in this group during that time.... there have been very busy times in this group when nothing but flames were passed...it's still all part of this group's history, reguardless of whether you approve, remember, or even give a shit...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You want to make a bug entirely from J.C. Whitney catalog parts?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

This begs for the standard reply of...

ROTFLMAO :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Reminds me of saying about a pot and a kettle. :-)

Reply to
Shag

I read some long-winded article somewhere by some guy named Rob Shmoozer or something like that saying that the coil-over shocks you can get from JC Whitney are great for getting a little extra ground clearance for your Beetle so I ordered a couple of pairs of them since the suspension is so saggy on my poor lil' '64. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Speaking of Google Groups, when I do a search of RAMVA there, I get messages dating back no further than 1999 even though I can specify any date back to

1981. Any of you have this problem? Is there an alternative to using Google to search the newsgroups?

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

OKAY!

I went to the dollar store and got me five shakey cans of some kinda Burble paint! What more could a kid want!

We are already half there! All we gotta do is make his POS ACVW start and run long enough for the poor guy to get laid. Ain't that what it is all about? No?

That's Engineering in the New World. No? (Now Mr. Hoover, you do know I am being facetious. No?)

Reply to
pico

The addiction is still there its just scattered among many forums now.

I also see very little reference to Ramva among the other forums.

I think with a little effort on everyones part and a little acknowledgement Ramva could be as it once was.

Mario Vintage Werks resto still here and going strong

Reply to
Kafertoys

Mario, I seem to remember your past efforts seemed to piss a lot of people off from coast to coast. I think your efforts should stay in your shop. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis