Punto annoyance

I have recently bought a 1.2 Punto active, 11 months old, which has one small annoying habit. (Yes, only one so far!) I am not going to mess around
with it too much, its still under warranty. I would like to know if anyone else has had this and what causes it though. When changing up through the gears, and only between 2000 and 3000 revs, and only when the engine is warmed up, the revs hang for about half a second while the clutch is depressed and the throttle pedal fully raised. It makes for some strange sounding gear changes! Simply removing the right foot and waiting half a second before depressing the clutch stops it being noticed, but it is annoying. Any ideas, anyone?
David Farrant

Possibly a faulty throttle body, or it could have an air lock in the cooling system, or both. The revs are supposed to hang up a small amount, but not so much it affects gear changes.
--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
On 20-Mar-2005, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Andy Hewitt) wrote:

I will bleed the coolling system first, as that bit is simple enough. I did look round for anything obvious, and there was nothing like trapped seals under the air filter box or pipes off. If it wants anything more technical it is off back to the dealler. It is very consistent in what it does, so I suspect it will be something quite definite wrong with it. Apart from that fault though, it works just fine. Thanks for your thoughts, I will let you know how it works out, just for reference!
David Farrant

Take it to the dealer anyway, by messing with it yourself you could cause problems with warranty. The car has 2 years warranty, so why not use it.
--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Thats interesting. I bought an 03 vectra 1.8 last year, and it does the same. I was thinking about taking it to a dealer to look at but figured they would say it was probably a characteristic and "they all do that sir"
Any idea why they are supposed to hang on a bit? Some emissions nonsense?
Martin

It may well be.

Possibly, they also damp the throttle closing to prevent stalling under load.
--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
replying to REMOVEd.farrant , DK wrote:

Hi I have the same trouble on my fiat punto which is brand new .This is making me really worried .Can you please let me know about how to get rid of this issue if you had fixed it .thanks in advance

hi all
car: 97 R-reg A4 1.8 138k miles
2 years and 15,000 miles ago, i had the problem with front lower control arm bushings on my car, causing it to groan and squeak everytime i hit a bump or turn the wheel. had both front ones replaced - oem part
Now the problem is back! only on left side at present.
question is: can i just replace the bushings w/o changing the whole arm? will this be an MOT failure in the UK?
thanks to all
Avi wrote:

Are you sure it's the bushes? I thought it was the balljoints seizing up that usually causes A4 creaks.
thanks chris....
it may well be the balljoints... i am not particularly sure myself.
but would you expect it to seize up so soon under normal conditions?

arm
bump or

Nope can't replace bushings and ball joints separate from arm : (
OTOH
Common problem with the A4. Drill the nylon with small drill and inject grease with a needle point attachment for grease gun. Use needle adaptor for gun to inject grease into the rubber ball joint boots.
Tony '91 100Q 5spd Son's '98 A4 2.8 Tip BTDT
Avi wrote:

I can confirm that that will work, although mine were replaced under warranty, a friend had the same problem, and just squirted oil into the bushes.
Hi, I currently have.. Rover Rave Peugeot repair Audi a4,s4 repair Bmw Parts & repair Fiat parts
skoda parts - untested vw parts - untested
And more due in anytime.
Please email me for more info.
dan
Bill wrote:

Hi, has anybody changed the orange bonnet release lever on a fiesta? its the one just under the steering column, the cable is OK.(1990) just wondering what type of job it is, and what parts are to be replaced? The barrel shape bit on the cable is OK but there seems to be some bits missing from the orange pull lever.
Bill
Hiya Bill,
Real easy job. Take off the lower half of the steering column housing and the handle release is held in place by two (I think) screws. Common problem, 'cos they get tugged hard when the bonnet release on the slam panel isn't lubricated when the car is serviced. The job should take you about ten minutes Get a replacement from a breakers for about a fiver. The sun is out, get on with it now!!!!!!
pottsy.

its
replaced?
Thanks
Bill
Hey guys,
Looking for suggestions for a suitable engine to transplant into my E30 BMW Would prefer a non BMW unit (just for the sake of being different) and have seen 2l 16v vaux lumps slotted in these regulary
anyone care to offer any thoughts or suggest suitable engines to fit
thoughts in the mix already include
Rover V8 with manual 5 speed 2l 16v XE vaux engine unsure of available RWD box(omega???) Fiat TC ( bit gutless maybe lack of tuning potential)
Ideally i want something that will give a fair amount of fun and be easily modified to give performance at least on par with a 325 (circa 170 bhp)
please feel free to offer any thoughts or comments as looking to start this as soon as i can settle on a suitable power unit :) oh and i dont do diesel or anything that involves REALLY complicated wiring(VR6 engines etc)
regards
Rob
1990 BMW 318 M-Tech 1989 XR3 Turbo 1987 Honda Civic supershed
[...]

Nothin' beats cubic inches: http://www.personal.kent.edu/~wbainey/BMW.htm
says...

Supercharged VVTi Toyota lump? Supra 6 cylinder Engine? Mr2 Twin cam from an earlier one, either turbo, or Supercharged?
--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com