Punto annoyance

hi all
car: 97 R-reg A4 1.8 138k miles
2 years and 15,000 miles ago, i had the problem with front lower control arm bushings on my car, causing it to groan and squeak everytime i hit a bump or turn the wheel. had both front ones replaced - oem part
Now the problem is back! only on left side at present.
question is: can i just replace the bushings w/o changing the whole arm? will this be an MOT failure in the UK?
thanks to all
Reply to
Avi
thanks chris....
it may well be the balljoints... i am not particularly sure myself.
but would you expect it to seize up so soon under normal conditions?
Reply to
Avi
Hi, I currently have.. Rover Rave Peugeot repair Audi a4,s4 repair Bmw Parts & repair Fiat parts
skoda parts - untested vw parts - untested
And more due in anytime.
Please email me for more info.
dan
Reply to
Daniel Gibbs
Nope can't replace bushings and ball joints separate from arm : (
OTOH
Common problem with the A4. Drill the nylon with small drill and inject grease with a needle point attachment for grease gun. Use needle adaptor for gun to inject grease into the rubber ball joint boots.
Tony '91 100Q 5spd Son's '98 A4 2.8 Tip BTDT
Reply to
Tony Johnson
Hi, has anybody changed the orange bonnet release lever on a fiesta? its the one just under the steering column, the cable is OK.(1990) just wondering what type of job it is, and what parts are to be replaced? The barrel shape bit on the cable is OK but there seems to be some bits missing from the orange pull lever.
Bill
Reply to
Bill
Hiya Bill,
Real easy job. Take off the lower half of the steering column housing and the handle release is held in place by two (I think) screws. Common problem, 'cos they get tugged hard when the bonnet release on the slam panel isn't lubricated when the car is serviced. The job should take you about ten minutes Get a replacement from a breakers for about a fiver. The sun is out, get on with it now!!!!!!
pottsy.
Reply to
pottsy
I can confirm that that will work, although mine were replaced under warranty, a friend had the same problem, and just squirted oil into the bushes.
Reply to
Tom Jeffs
Hey guys,
Looking for suggestions for a suitable engine to transplant into my E30 BMW Would prefer a non BMW unit (just for the sake of being different) and have seen 2l 16v vaux lumps slotted in these regulary
anyone care to offer any thoughts or suggest suitable engines to fit
thoughts in the mix already include
Rover V8 with manual 5 speed 2l 16v XE vaux engine unsure of available RWD box(omega???) Fiat TC ( bit gutless maybe lack of tuning potential)
Ideally i want something that will give a fair amount of fun and be easily modified to give performance at least on par with a 325 (circa 170 bhp)
please feel free to offer any thoughts or comments as looking to start this as soon as i can settle on a suitable power unit :) oh and i dont do diesel or anything that involves REALLY complicated wiring(VR6 engines etc)
regards
Rob
1990 BMW 318 M-Tech 1989 XR3 Turbo 1987 Honda Civic supershed
Reply to
Rob
[...]
You sick, sick puppy...
The BMW straight six, as fitted to E30s, is one of the finest engines I've ever encountered. Ok, it's not a v8, but it's still a great engine.
And you're considering vauxhall and fiat shite??
Reply to
Grunff
In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...
Supercharged VVTi Toyota lump? Supra 6 cylinder Engine? Mr2 Twin cam from an earlier one, either turbo, or Supercharged?
Reply to
MeatballTurbo
MeatballTurbo ( snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :
I've got a spare 2cv motor - it'd be *really* economical, much reduced risk of speeding tickets, and you'd easily be able to get the right badge for the resulting BMW 306.
Reply to
Adrian

Detune it and it could last a month they do a lot of miles in a weekend at silly revs. Just don't drive it hard (or a lot).
Reply to
Depresion