Anit-skid ring

I have a ticking noise from the rear end and I have diagnosed it as the "anti-skid ring" (that is what the dealer calls it) is cracked. Anyone have this happen to them? I have a 03 Frontier 2wd. The damn part is around $230. If you have had this happen and changed it yourself what is involved? I have it on my lift to change the fluids so I have some working room.

Reply to
george taylor

Nissan antiskid rings are thin wall rings with teeth cut in them, fitted to hub or input shaft of diff. Word is they crack very easily if you try to pull them off and if a new one is ftted the least bit out of square (like without a jig press to keep it square) it will crack on fitting.

Best to get a 2nd hand hub or diff from a breakers/wreckers.

Reply to
Peter Hill