2004 Kilometers/Miles to a tank

I have a great ride in a 2004 GT convertible and am wondering what kind of mileage others are getting in these cars, say to a full tank of fuel. I'm getting almost exactly 300 kilometers to a tank which seems very low, but then who knows? Not pressing the car or anything and the car only has about

7000 KM on it.

Cheers, M.

Reply to
Texas Ranger

It is somewhat low. Combined city/highway should net you 350km once the engine is broken in. 400km on the highway is likely, but it's possible to get more.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

That all sounds pretty depressing... our 97 Taurus gets 815km to the tank pretty consistantly... w/ 195,000 km on the odo. Maybe your engine just isn't broken in yet...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

lmfao what kind of comparison was that?? i have a moped that gets 60 miles to the tank

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

Distance per tank is a bit skewed though. How big's your tank?

Your '04GT should get more than 300km/tank though. Being a Yankee and not quite remembering the conversion (close to 60mi = 100km?), I'm guessing you're getting 240mi/tank. My '97 Cobra hardtop gets a consistent 260-270 miles with mixed, but mostly quite spirited driving (onramps are fun launchpads or a great test of the front tires if it's a cloverleaf). If I behave with it, I can get almost 300 miles on a tank, and if I'm on a trip, I'm in the 320-330 range. Tank's 15 U.S. gallons and I usually run it to the ragged edge of empty (the other day, stopping too hard at stop signs killed the engine, and I put 15.1 gallons in it).

JS

Reply to
JS

Your conversions are correct ... 1.6 km to a mile and the tank is a 15 US gallon tank. Well, maybe it isn't broken in yet :-\

It may be worth going in for an alignment check ... I'll wait till the next oil change.

Thanks for all your answers.

M.

Reply to
Texas Ranger

I have an '03 GT Vert with a 5 speed and I get about 280 miles on a tank depending on how hard I drive it..

Reply to
mustangjoe

The type of gas you put in could also affect your mileage. Some stations/brands have higher mixtures of Ethanol, which typically cost a little less, but the mileage has proven to decrease. I don't know what you have available there, but here in SW Pennsylvania, if I run Sunoco gas, I get lower mileage. Others may chime in with the "it all comes from the same place" thing, but I believe their stations have a higher concentration of Ethanol, and therein lies the problem.

I don't know what kind of driving, but an area with more hills will get you less mileage. Idling for extended periods of time, running the car too hard (RPMs higher than need be, too hard on the go-pedal, etc), and probably even altitude affect it. Transmission (auto or manual) can also play a big role... manuals will get better mileage due to lower drivetrain losses, but if you run around in the wrong gear all day, you could negate that real quick.

Hope I've been at least a little helpful. Good luck with your ride!

JS

Reply to
JS

Do you ever take it out of 2nd gear? I have an 04 GT . I don't drive it hard, but I don't baby it either. For normal city driving I rarley take it out of 3rd gear and I average about 350km per tank.

Gumby

Reply to
Gumby

Could be a lot worse... I get around 206.5 with the Mustang, and 480 with the Escort. Not great but not bad.... BUT..... do you have any idea how many tanks to a kilometer a Viper gets? And that's still in

3rd. LOL

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

"JS" wrote | Your '04GT should get more than 300km/tank though. Being a Yankee and not | quite remembering the conversion (close to 60mi = 100km?), I'm guessing | you're getting 240mi/tank. My '97 Cobra hardtop gets a consistent 260-270 | miles with mixed, but mostly quite spirited driving (onramps are fun | launchpads or a great test of the front tires if it's a cloverleaf).

For just a second there, I had to look and see if that was me that was talking! Same mileage, same umm... err... cautious driving.

If I | behave with it, I can get almost 300 miles on a tank, and if I'm on a trip, | I'm in the 320-330 range.

Tank's 15 U.S. gallons and I usually run it to | the ragged edge of empty (the other day, stopping too hard at stop signs | killed the engine, and I put 15.1 gallons in it). |

Ten feet away from pushing her to the pump aye?

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeabut... you could build up enough speed to coast to the next gas station LOL