PCM problem update..

Ok, just talked to the Tech thats workin on my car. He said when they checked the whole electrical system, the proper voltage isnt coming out of the computer, and its very hot to the touch. He says its definitely bad, not just a "we cant find the problem so were gonna replace the computer." Now he said its possible that one of the transistors that works the air pump may of damaged the computer or vice versa, but they wont find out until they get a fresh computer in there. I feel much better now.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

Would a used one work? You might be able to save a ton of $$$

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

So they want to see of the transistor will blow up another computer?

If that air pump transister is outside of the computer, it will only fry another pcm.... what then? buy a 3rd pcm and finally replace that transister module?

Something to think about...

Brandon

Reply to
indi

Yea I asked him that, he said if that happens they are responsible and I wouldnt be charged for that computer. He said then they would know exactly what was happening. Either the computer made the air pump go nutty, or the air pump made the computer fry. He sounded like he knew what he was doing. I asked him how long hes been there and he said 18 years. We'll find out soon enough.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang