PICS: Uh Oh Indiana Speeders BEWARE new UNMARKED Mustang GTs

Ok, now they are not playing fair, Indiana State Police recentl purchased 18 2008 Mustang GT?s to be used as unmarked police vehicle for traffic enforcement throughout the States districts. The unmarke Mustangs will definately blend in well as they are popular cars unfortunately the only revealing equipment on the Mustangs are th red and blue flashing lights which are hidden inside the cabin. Eve though the Mustangs are meant for speed they will rarely be used o interstates as ISP plans to focus on two-lane highways and othe roads where fatalities seem to be more common. Check out the rest o the article after the jump

Indiana State Police officials recently purchased 18 2008 For

Mustangs, and what better way to break them in than by hitting th road course at O?Reilly Raceway Park

ISP Sgt. Rich Myers said the department used Ford Mustangs in th

1980s for traffic patrol, but then switched to Chevrolet Camaros When Chevrolet stopped making Camaros, he said the ISP began usin their Crown Victoria patrol cars for enforcement details befor deciding to switch back to Mustangs

Myers said there will one Mustang in each ISP district

?They will be a traffic enforcement tool, just like the motorcycles,

he said

Several troopers gathered at O?Reilly Raceway Park earlier this wee

to test their driving skills and get a feel for the new Mustangs

ISP Sgt. Shannon Kennedy said the troopers were first introduced t

the cars during a one and a half day training session at the Indian Law Enforcement Academy. There, she said, they practiced basic skill on both inside and outside tracks. She said they decided to go to OR to get practice taking curves

?(The Mustangs) handle differently than the Crown Vics,? she added

Kennedy said ORP?s road course simulates the road conditions th

troopers will be facing on a regular basis

She said the Mustangs will rarely be used on interstates as they pla

to focus on two-lane highways and other roads where fatalities see to be more common

Kennedy also said motorists will likely not notice the troopers sinc

Mustangs are a popular car and these models are not marked

?They don?t even have the antennas,? she added

View the attachments for this post at:

JLA

Aren't you the guy who mirrors this newsgroup on your site, pretending that it's your content? (And I appreciate having to have a username and password to read what I wrote publicly here in usenet. Nice touch.)

Now you're posting an article without any attribution at all.

Dude, you've got no honor.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Newsflash, there is no honor among liars and thieves. That's a rule of life from the beginning.

Reply to
Repairman

Frickin' typical. The cops do a few laps on that road course and they're automatically "trained professionals" to drive those cars. I have an '05 GT and nothing beats REAL ROAD experience. Especially on some of the windy and hilly back roads in northern New England here - heheheh...

John B.

Reply to
John B.

Liars, thieves and top posters....

Reply to
WindsorFo

Which means while the group is light we need to start more threads about photography and guns. :p

Reply to
WindsorFo

Well, I've got a 100mm macro lens for the smaller handguns, and a wide angle

17-40mm for your various rifles and shotguns. I'll take all the photos you want.

The only "gun" I ever actually shot was my older brother's ROTC recoilless .22 rifle. Eh.

No, wait... I did try skeet shooting with a 12 gauge. Does that count?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

"Jim Warman" wrote in news:oFKZj.4595$KB3.658@edtnps91:

That's exactly the way it is supposed to be done. Outlook Express users are primarily responsible for both behaviors. The original versions of it encouraged top posting, as that is the Microsoft way. Later versions make it super easy just to add the response at the bottom. Both ways are wrong, and both are highly annoying.

Reply to
elaich

"John B." wrote in news:1211546164.127323 @web1.segnet.com:

Do you still own that sloop? LOL.

Reply to
elaich

Back in the early 90s, I recall that it was de riguer to post a reply... and only a reply.... If there were any quotes, they would be at the bottom for those few that felt they needed refreshment. Back then, people weren't so lazy that they couldn't delete impertinent stuff.... For my money, top posting is the cats meow...

So... somebody tell me.. is this top posted or not?

Reply to
Jim Warman

AS far as I remember all the way back, you post your message replies going down in Usenet.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I've always been a mid-poster, myself. But the fact remains, we're screwing up the JLA Forum with all of this off-topic discussion. Can we get back to pictures of guns?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Oh dear. That's just.... wrong.

Or is it?

Reply to
WindsorFo

But still incorrect and somewhat rude. To purposefully go against an accepted guideline that the vast majority adheres to for ease of use and standardization? No, it's Usenet, You don't HAVVta if you don't want. It's still rude.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Is it as rude as refusing to snip 2k lines for some 2 word response?

Reply to
RM v2.0

Yep.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Give me a top poster over some nonsnipping asshole anyday.

Reply to
RM v2.0