Plastic Headlight Lens Scratched

I have a 2000 GT and the plastic lens that the headlights shine through have become scratched over time. Mostly thru road grit, I assume.

Is there a better than stock unit that won't become scratched or at least last longer?

Thanks,

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Hughes

Rather than buying new, try removing the scratches. MicroMesh has kits for scratch removal; the one below is their cheapest one. They have other kits for using with drills, with hook and loop, otherwise a little elbow grease will make things better. I have this kit and cleaned up my gauge lenses with it, as well as using it on my car's paint.

Michel.

Reply to
MJT

You beat me to it, but this same company has an acrylic lens restore kit thats about $3 cheaper than their "hobby kit"

URL is:

hope it helps...

Reply to
nobody

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the lead.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Hughes