brake question

I just picked up a set of Granada brakes I plan on using to convert my

68 power drum set-up to disc. One question I have, if anyone can help:

Can I use the booster and master cylinder off the power drums with these

78 disc brakes and proportion valve? If not, can I use a booster and master cylinder for a 1967 or 68 Mustang w/disc brakes? If not, what sort of booster set-up can I get that will fit in the space available on a 68?

thanx for any help

Reply to
vince garcia

fortunately I do have the boster off either a 67 or 68, i'm not certain which year (I think the'yre identical). But if that'll work with those brakes, I'll be fine.

I do have both 68 ford and 78 granada proportion valves--you don't think I can use either of them ok? So I pretty much have to use an adjustable valve (which is $40, so no big deal, but if I can avoid it, I'd like to save the bucks and use what I have)?

Reply to
vince garcia

Neither of the stock proportioning valves will work without the adjustable unit in place, as the bore size of the calipers are different, as is the bias setting for each one..............

Bill S.

v>

Reply to
Bill S.