Pre-ignition engine oiler

Anyone ever use one? They seem like great ideas and are quite reasonably priced - in the sense that an engine overhaul is a lot more!

I'm seriously tempted to get one as I can't see a downside.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia

Seen them, read about them, even seen them build it into a car. NEver used them. I think if you have a very pricey engine AND want to keep it for a very long time (200K+ miles) it might be worth it. I think regular oil changes will work just as good. Also; would you have the discipline to use it every time ? (I think you have to do it manually right before you start)

Rein

Rein opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Umm.. or maybe hook its relay up to the fuel pump relay and the alternator stator (logic circuit)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I dunno... my Bronco has a manual choke, so I'm constantly fuddling with that... but thanks for the input guys...

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia