Projector Headlights

I offer my condolences to your friend.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

I think people have to be aware of deer anytime of the day or night, no matter where they live. Several years ago, a young woman hit a deer on a nearby freeway entrance ramp in the middle of the day. She was hysterical and inconsolable because the deer was still thrashing about. The police arrived and put the deer out of its misery. Also, a woman was killed on a local suburban

45 mph road when she hit a deer and it went through the windshield. The deer have become "suburbanites".

JMHO, Dick

Reply to
Dick R.

Deer are hazardous to North Carolina drivers

Highway crashes involving deer reached an all time high in 2006 with a total of 15,940 reported in the state, according to the Highway Safety Research Center at the University of North Caroina.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Ðavïd

"Deputy Dog" wrote in news:yRsel.1540 $ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

My 1980 Capri has brand new original equipment halogen lights. So bright they scare me at night. But, you are dealing with the old faded Aero lights. Just another reason to stay away from Aeros.

Reply to
elaich

Well, that's kind of hard to do if you want a Mustang of these particular years since that's the way Ford made them.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I think it had more to do with grieving over a lost friend which is why I was not nearly as hard as I normally would have been.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Poor Dave just wanted some opinions on possible headlight replacements... I'm sorry that I've apparently hijacked this thread.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

No worries, I find it rather amusing(not you getting hit by a deer), just that in suburbia its our fault for GETTING hit by deer. Damn it I'll remember to close the gate next time.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

"Jim Warman" wrote in news:TwRel.6831$PH1.310 @edtnps82:

I won't pretend that your opinion isn't sanctimonious, because it is. I had a deer crash into the side of my car years ago. Was that my fault?

When I hit one last year, the herd suddenly came dashing out from behind a parked semi into the road. Was that my fault?

These animals do unpredictable things and there is no way to be prepared for all of them. I've seen them suddenly bound down a hill onto the Interstate directly in front of an 18 wheeler.

Reply to
elaich

Yes, you shouldn't have been there. (Stay home, you KNOW deer are out there.)

Yes, if you'd been going 32MPH you would have been able to stop.

Ouch.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Sounds like the law in Japan. If you take a cab and the cabbie is involved in an accident, it's YOUR fault. If you had not hired the cab, it would not have been where it was when the accident took place.

Hmmmmm Can I sue my parents? If they hadn't had me, I wouldn't have grown up to be in Japan where I could hire a cab which would become involved in an accident which would then be my fault.

How far back do we go in blaming others? Can the indiginous peoples of the new wworld sue the Europeans? Can PETA, representing the animals sue the homelands of the first settlers in the new world?

Should we close every roadway and outlaw cars because some squirrel can't get out of the way? Or should we teach squirrels how to drive so they can have an equal chance?

Accidents happen! That's why they call them accidents.

Reply to
veegerNOSPAM

My 88GT is coming up for its third mini restoration and new headlights are on the menu. How does the HID conversion thing work?

Reply to
Ironrod

Get the "Bixenon conversion" for the Mustang head lights. The bulb will screw right in to the lamp. All of the conversions I've done and looked at have used the new style headlamp assemblies that have a clear lens and a faceted reflector. Theoretically it should work the same with the OEM but I havn't seen one.

Reply to
WindsorFo