Question for the math guys

I need to know a couple of things. 1st, what drives the Speedo, is it a cable like older cars or all electronic or? 2nd, I have 274/40/vr17's on the back of the car, I was told these tires are taller than stock and that they would throw my Speedo off (would show slower than the car was actually going), anyone know how to do the math to find out the speed difference? I would like to know what 80 is actual speed, also 100, 120 and 130. Thanks for the help in advance!!

Gumby619

80 the new 55
Reply to
Gumby619