Back in the saddle again -- Tungsten's 2003 Mach 1

First and foremost, hello to all the old school RAMFMers who remember me. :)

Second, I'm back in the saddle again! After a few months had passed since selling the Slowstang (1998 GT) in November of 2004, I had a chance to purchase a good friend's Dark Shadow Grey 2003 Mach1. We sealed the deal last Monday and I've been enjoying every mile since.

He'd already done quite a few mods to the car so it is essentially the way I would have wanted to do it myself. The only thing it needs (IMO) is a nicer set of wheels and rubber. It still has the stock Goodyears and Mach 1 "Magnum 500" repros on it.

Now that I have something of relevance to talk about again, I'll try to stop in here a little more frequently.

Reply to
Tungsten

Congrats, very nice. I like that color. Did you dyno that thing yet ?

Rein

Reply to
RT

Congrats! welcome back.

Reply to
japhar81

Thanks. I have not dyno'd it personally but the previous owner did for the custom chip. I'll have to ask him for a copy of the charts. That said, he ran a best of 13.34 in the quarter mile with just the gears and exhaust, no custom tune, on Falken street tires.

The GTech says it's a 12 second car now, but I won't have true slips to back it up for a few more weeks. I've got a small list of things I want to do to it before taking it to the track for a shakedown run. Drag radials are on that list. ;)

Reply to
Tungsten

Lessee, set up just the way you'd want it: Bassani exhaust, fish emblems on the rims, and a dent from the floor jack handle.

(See, some of us DO remember.)

Tungsten's back; can TtT/White Tornado/CobraJet be far behind?

J/K. One thing you'll notice right away is that this NG is dead, dead, dead compared to anything you'd remember from even a couple years ago. Either everyone's figured out by now which exhaust/shifter/wax to use, or they've all fled to web-based boards.

Anyway, it's good to hear from you. That '03 sounds rad. I guess it's everyone's dream to have a legit 12 second car.

180 Out aka Philly E.

Tungsten wrote:

Reply to
one80out

Nice to see you again :) Glad to hear that you are back in the saddle again, looks like a good choice

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

You bastard! I want one of those.

Welcome back.

Patrick '93 Cobra (103,000 and counting)

Reply to
NoOption5L

Don't forget an aftermarket sunroof! ;)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Wow, Nice to see you back !!!! Just a few of us hangin around here from time to time these days.

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

There may be one or two of us left. Hell, I don't even check in here very much anymore.

Brag, brag, brag. I swear, some people just don't know when to shut up.

On the drag radial issue, don't waste your time or $$ on 17" or larger tires. You'll find it quite frustrating unless the new Mickey Thompson's are abailable in a 17. I went the 17" Nitto route for my first foray into the sticky tire game and soon wished I hadn't wasted my money. Fortunately I was able to recoup most of my dollars via an eBay sale. I stepped up to a set of 15" Welds with BFG's and the 60' times dropped dramatically. I finally got to see a set of the new MT's in the 15" version and I think I could see my fingerprint. They are SOFT!

Cool deal, it'd be nice to have you back to liven the joint up a little. Good luck with the new ride Bro!

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, GMS MAF, Accufab Throttle Body, Eagle Alloy Wheels
NObluestang98

Congrats and I hate you.....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

What's the differences between it and a Cobra? As far as I know it's just the blower?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I gotta jig saw!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yabut, BFG has a 17" drag radial. I found the Nittos seem to work just as well IF you get them warm enough.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Granted, the 17 Nittos were better than the Gatorback stockers. I'd heat 'em up like crazy with a 2nd gear burnout but the move to 15's shaved a consistent .12 or better off the 60' times without changing the suspension.

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, GMS MAF, Accufab Throttle Body, Eagle Alloy Wheels
NObluestang98

major differences:

mach = solid axle, cobra = irs mach = 5-spd, cobra = 6-spd mach = aluminum block, cobra = iron block

besides the other cosmetic differences one major one being the shaker hood on the mach (i am not 100% sure that a mach has an aluminum block, but i think so)

Reply to
Chris Shea

Hey now... the floor jack handle busted the tail light, but never left a dent! lol

If my presence somehow dregs up TtT, please shoot me. :\

I've noticed that it is rather slow around here. I'm guessing that the web-based boards have drawn away most of the attention that the NG once got. I've bumped into countless ramfm members on the various Ford web forums.

Thanks! I'm enjoying the car every chance I get to drive it. ;)

Reply to
Tungsten

Nah, just hanging out on those web forums that 180* spoke of. I couldn't believe how quiet it was here in the group when I fired up Agent and pulled in the latest headers. Things definitely don't seem like they did a few short years ago.

Thanks. Glad to be back!

Reply to
Tungsten

There are plenty of them out there still! :)

Reply to
Tungsten

aka "Sieve" :D

Reply to