Question -- rear suspension

Been a while since I've even been around (too busy trying to graduate from college but now I'm finally done WOO HOO!!!) I have a question regarding the rear suspension on my car. My mustang has two small dampners (one on each side) that look like small shock absorbers that attach to the frame and then to the axle (I think... it's been a while since I have crawled under the car). Iin the 260K some miles I have on the car I have never changed these out (I've done the shocks and struts but not the dampners).

1) what are these called 2) what do they do 3) where do I go to find replacements (if I need to replace them -- I can't imagine not needing to replace them)

Thanks!

Reply to
91RedGT

Limit wheel hop (axle twist)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yeah what he said. Sorta stop axle twist like a traction bar. Several companies make a replacement, Monroe and Bilstein come to mind.

Reply to
WindsorFox

1) Called 'axle damper'. 2) What they said 3) Available everywhere they sell shocks. Just about all the shock manufactures make them.
Reply to
Blue Gator