Radiator leak

I discovered that I have a small radiator leak. its on the passenger side bottom portion. on a seam. The leak looses very little, enough to leave a
6inch damp spot under the car on days or nights when the temp goes under 30degrees.(temp above 30, no leak) Is there some type of stop leak stuff I can add to the coolant or is the radiator up for replacement or repair?
--
Dave
96 Rio Red GTS with a few goodies
Deputy Dog wrote:

Your cheapest option is to take it to a shop and have it repaired. But, it will probably spring another leak somewhere else in the near future.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

I'm not sure how hot a radiator gets... and while I realize JB Weld has its limits.. I'd try it out. Of course, if the radiator is old.. you could end up getting another leak elsewhere. Make sure you let the JB Weld fully cure... and btw, don't ever put the radiator stop leak crap in your radiator :P.
-Mike
-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch 255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

If it was my car, there'd be a new rad in there, now. I can't speak for anyone else but my life is a little too important to me to trust my timetable to jerry rigged repairs.
Cooling systems deteriorate from the inside out..... (except, of course for punctures)...... If it's getting bad in one spot, it'll be getting bad in others.

Thanks Jim, Not what I wanted to hear, but probly what I needed to hear. A new radiator being researched as I type.
Dave

Around 1/11/2005 6:00 AM, Deputy Dog wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemy46402727&category3602
Great prices on OEM radiators. I bought a 3 row and I was impressed with how quickly it arrived.
--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |