Possible Radiator Leak

Hi all,
I appear to have what I believe to be a radiator leak in my 306 Turbo Diesel. I have to top up my coolant every few weeks, and there is some
greeny blue gunk on the radiator.
I really don't have a clue about cars and wonder if you guys could help me not get ripped off!
1. Is my diagnosis of a leak likely to be correct? 2. Is radiator sealant a viable option to repair this or is that just storing up problems for later? 3. Can a garage repair this, or does it require a replacement radiator? 4. How much is this likely to cost? 5. I passed my MOT last week, should this have been picked up?
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Many thanks, Sean
sean
i would suggest the gunk is your anti freeze/coolent. if it was brown it would sugges your cylinder head was going Try a a rad weld solution to start as its the cheapest option.3-6 go for the dry option A new rad would cost between 70 & 120 fitted 100-180. ring around for options It wouldnt be picked up on the MOT unless it was pouring out. Bo
-- wwrxb02
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-355730.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
wwrxb02 wrote:

Thanks, though the original post was last year, IIRC!!!
Tried some Barrs stop leak, but didn't make a difference, so got a replacement radiator. The mechanic showed me the old radiator after it was taken out, and it did just seem to be a big sheet of rust. Got a new radiator fitted for less than 200 in total, and all has been going well since!
Cheers, Sean

Site Timeline