Clutch Fork release rattle

I own a Crown Victoria 5.8l (351W). I installed a T5 tranny from '95 Mustang 5.0l. I should be the 1st 5-speed Crown Vic in Canada lol

I actually have a 50oz flywheel (the one from the 302), while my 351 needs a

28oz flywheel. So, there is a vibration at high RPM. I will receive a new flywheel next week. I drove my car like that for 3 months, but at low speeds (below 2000rpm)

After few weeks of driving, my clutch pedal started to rattle when I don't touch it. If I let my foot on the clutch to put a light pressure, the pedal stops to rattle. I looked under the car, while car was idling in neutral. The fork is jumping! Huge rattle. The rattle increases with RPM. Now I drive very slow letting my foot on the clutch to stop rattles.

What can cause that? All bearings were new, clutch (10.5 in) and pressure plate were also new. Can that rattle be caused by a loose flywheel? bad release bearing? I suspect a loose flywheel because of the vibration due to the wrong flywheel (?) If the flywheel is not in cause, is it safe to drive my car like that for 1 week before I receive my new flywheel?

Thanks Jeremie

Reply to
Jérémie Bédard

Jérémie Bédard opined in news:jGHEd.37468$ snipped-for-privacy@wagner.videotron.net:

Let's see... you're getting a new flywheel in a week. Suppose i say it IS a loose flywheel?

Why take the chance? Find another ride.. even if you have to rent.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It's not caused by a loose flywheel. It's just a clutch cable out of adjustment, nothing to worry about.

Reply to
.boB

BTW, you did put a pilot bearing in the end of the crank shaft, didn't you?

Reply to
.boB

Thanks, but there are no cables. Just rods from the pedal to the fork.

I found a Caravan for 1$. I'll use that ride >> I own a Crown Victoria 5.8l (351W). I installed a T5 tranny from '95

Reply to
Jérémie Bédard