Radiator Question on older ponies

Hi All,

Anyone know if the rad was different from an 85 5.0L Mustang to an 85 3.8L Mustang. I have the chance to purchase a rad from a 3.8L to put in my 5.0L at a good price. Please let me know.

Thanks

Reply to
Steph

I don't know about those two specifically, but I'd bee willing to bet Ford didn't use the same radiators in both. The 3.8 probably has a much smaller radiator than your 5.0.

bill '64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

*SOLD* 66: '93 5.0, etc.

Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

Around 02/05/2004 11:03 AM, bill wrote:

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Actually, I think they both used the same two-row radiator. I don't think the "heavy duty" three-row came stock on any Mustang but the SSP Copstangs.

I picked up an OEM 3-row from these guys:

or

Reply to
Garth Almgren