RAMFM Newsgroup Tally & Poll

Just wondered how many visit RAMFM. Please at least leave a reply if you're reading the newsgroup.

How often, on average, do you visit RAMFM?

1 Almost daily 2 Couple times a week 3 Weekly 4 Couple times a month 5 Monthly 6 Every so often

How long have you been visting RAMFM?

1 Years 2 Months 3 Weeks 4 Days

What are your contributions to RAMFM?

1 Often posts new topics/responds to existing topics. 2 Occasionally posts new topics/responds to existing topics 3 Seldom posts new topics/responds to existing topics 4 Only/often responds to existing topics. 5 Only/occasionally responds to existing topics. 6 Only/seldom responds to existing topics. 7 Only reads existing topics.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

1) Almost daily If I'm home, I'll usually check twice daily.
1) Years Since around March of '99, when the 'Stangs new "edge" styling caught my eye.
3) Seldom posts new topics/responds to existing topics Yep, that about covers it.
Reply to
John C.

.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Reply to
John

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1125691323.698169.227060 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

1

1

2
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

2 Couple times a week

A few months, but I used to be a regular years ago. I stopped for a while due to selling my last Mustang.

3 Seldom posts new topics/responds to existing topics

I also was one of the 300 people that voted this group into existance in the mid 90s.

Reply to
Braxus

.
Reply to
Jafo

1 Almost daily (Daily, unless I'm away from home)
1 Years (almost 6, but who is counting?)
3 Seldom posts new topics/responds to existing topics (I mean that I seldom start a new thread, but I participate in existing threads quite a bit. Less lately than I used to, but still...)
Reply to
Garth Almgren

Are there any others still here from the original 300?

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

I remember manually creating the group on the news server at the ISP I ran at the time. It took a while for our upstream feed to carry the group, but a couple of us were posting messages locally for a few weeks. During the voting process there were even a few curmudgeons who voted no because they didn't want to "fragment" the Ford owners. heh....

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

How often, on average, do you visit RAMFM? 2 Couple times a week

How long have you been visting RAMFM?

1 Years

What are your contributions to RAMFM? 5 Only/occasionally responds to existing topics.

FWIW, I enjoy reading the group and have found much useful information in the postings....

-=RaOuL=-

Reply to
-=RaOuL=-

How often, on average, do you visit RAMFM?

How long have you been visting RAMFM?

What are your contributions to RAMFM?

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Sorry. I just lurk. I'm afraid to post, for fear of having my email address sucked up by the spammers. And you just never know who's out there...

I read the newsgroup when I'm depressed, to cheer myself up. I read the newsgroup when I'm bored, looking for a little fun. I read when I'm happy, hoping to share the good feelings. I read when my car breaks down, knowing that many here will know how I feel.

The one exception was after 9/11. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself back to the community for days on end. My perspectives were all screwed up. Mustangs, even football, seemed so irrelevant at the time. But RAMFM is nothing more or less than a microcosm of humanity in general, and there are a lot of good people here. It's a good "place" to be.

Only about half an hour. So far.

I'm not an original thinker. I'm a reactionary.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

1 Almost daily

1 Years

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

Going on.... at least 3 years now... :-)

Since I didn't get my Mustang when I was car shopping... I really don't have too much to contribute... I wish I did though.

patricia with the focus

Reply to
Snowy Rose

"John" wrote in news:5m7Se.167$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.lga:

Pretty much daily. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Too long to actually remember; I think around 6 or 7 years.

A few things here and there, but I consider myself one of the groups proud cynics. At best, I try to contribute controversy. Guess I'm a troll...

Thunder Alley

This (or any) newsgroup isn't so serious that I have 'sad memories'.

It's a tie between some of the Thunder Alleys and dwight's foray into alt.troll.

I'd love to see CJ and some guys from AHPBBFM stir it up in here more often.

Absolutely not

Sometimes. But the 'What color should I paint my racing stripes?' threads are pretty lame. Almost Martha Stewart-ish...

Most definitely. And that's good.

And I'll add two more: Q: Who are your favorite RAMFM personalities? A: In no particular order, Michael Johnson, Patrick, dwight, Tim (Musttanguy)

Q: Who do you miss most from RAMFM? A: Again, in no particular order, CJ, Mike P., Steve E.

BTW, very interesting post, Patrick.

Joe

"Snowy Rose" wrote in news:_PjSe.6580$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

So what finally happened with the accident? Is the car repaired now?

Reply to
Joe

: What are your contributions to RAMFM?

: 2 Occasionally posts new topics/ frequently responds to existing topics

...and frequently stir the pot a little.

So, since no one else has ask, what is the purpose of this little gem there Patrick?

Reply to
SVTKate

"John" wrote : >What is your favorite memory of RAMFM? Having a chance to meet - in person - some of the characters in this little bit of cyberspace. Oh AND.... When, after all the brewhaha, I had a chance to see the OTHER side of TTT and finding out that he really is an ok guy. ...and... recently when the latest troll, whose name we shall not speak, finally went away.

: >What is your saddest memory of RAMFM? : >When Bill S. left

I'm inclined to agree with this one. Bill S can be pretty dry, but he knows his cars and was always willing to share that knowledge.

: >

: >What is your funniest memory of RAMFM? : >Leading BYM down a false trail and then slamming the door closed on him on : > > surface finish inside intake manifolds : >or : >When Kate shot the snake

HEY! That snake needed killin'

: >or : >When Warmen unloads on someone who takes offense to a fellow mechanic

*snikker* ayuuup.

: >

: >How would you improve RAMFM? : >Keep all the trolls out

if there were only a way. Really, RAMFM is just right in my mind. It gets sideways sometimes but that's life.

: >

: >Should RAMFM be moderated? : >No

absolutely not.

: >Does RAMFM rock? : >Oh yeah!

Like the Stones, it ROCKS!

: >

: >Will someone take offense at this post? : >Probably

You'll have to try harder than that John!

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top No thunder, but still a snake!

: : -- : John : ThunderSnake #59 : : :

Reply to
SVTKate

"Joe" wrote : >>How would you improve RAMFM? : : I'd love to see CJ and some guys from AHPBBFM stir it up in here more : often.

I'd love to seeyou choke on those words!

: : >>Should RAMFM be moderated? : : Absolutely not : : >>Does RAMFM rock? : : Sometimes. But the 'What color should I paint my racing stripes?' : threads are pretty lame. Almost Martha Stewart-ish... : : >>Will someone take offense at this post? : : Most definitely. And that's good. : : And I'll add two more: : Q: Who are your favorite RAMFM personalities? : A: In no particular order, Michael Johnson, Patrick, dwight, Tim : (Musttanguy)

I like 98% of the guys in here, we have had some interesting people come and go though. Some more than others but I ain't naming names.

: : Q: Who do you miss most from RAMFM? : A: Again, in no particular order, CJ, Mike P., Steve E.

Who were you happiest/most relieved to see leave RAMFM?

Reply to
SVTKate