Ran at the track last night!!

I must say I wasn't expecting what I got. I went to the line hoping for any kind of 13 but expecting a low 14. Well, I launch hard and it hooks, shifted into second and barely spun. I was impressed until I felt the traction control kick in. Damn, I forgot it on. Well, I turned it off once i got into third after a little spin, and continued driving, kind of dissapointed but I gave it my best shot otherwise and the car felt really strong. I figured if that wasn't a 13 second run, then it would be tough to get one despite the traction control because other than that I drove the hell out of it. Well, I go to pick up my slip and I was more than happy to see a 13.65 at 102.3. I never would have imagined my car was that fast. It does have 4.10's, CAI, and full exhaust(lontubes, catless prochamber, and flows) but I still didn't expect that. Yall think it has something else done that I don't know about?? I dunno honestly, I am not too familiar with these mod motor cars yet. whatcha think? Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Pretty impressive time! 4.10's & tires will help a *ton*. Make the car feel entirely different. I have 3.73's & i'm fairly happy with them... although I am *considering* going to 4.10's :/. CAI didn't do squat for your N/A motor though ;). Full exhaust helped on top-end I imagine... but those 4.10's take care of getting to the top-end ;). Good job. Way to represent Mustangs ;).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

hey that is pretty good! did you only get one run? and were you using the stock gatorbacks? or what kind oif tires

102 mph is a nice trap

i just bought a set of bfg drag radials on separate rims for the strip that i hope to use pretty soon

chris

04 cobra vert

Reply to
Christopher Shea

Let us know how long those drag radials last ;).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Mine lasted a good while even when I was driving the Mustang daily. One thing, I went to a Ham radio fest that was in a small town just out of Baton Rouge, it's about 15 minutes on an empty Interstate @ 75MPH. When I came home I got off the I-10 and went through the McD's drive through. Taking a left on a 5 lane road I about gave myself whiplash. 15 min at 70+ miles per hour warmed the Nittos all the way through and it spun the tires zero.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

LOL

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Thanks, I always thought this car was fast from the time I first test drove it. I just thought it was the gears though. I'm thinking that with a set of stickier tires and traction control off, I can break a

13.3, especially if I powershift. I'm not gonna do that just yet though because I am lacking something very important: subframes. Maybe next time i'll remove a little weight too and run with less than 7/8 tank of 89 octane. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT
Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks!! Yes that was on stock goodyears. Unfortanetly I only got one run in. I was hoping for another run because I was gonna turn off the traction control and powershift the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. Oh well, there's always next time.

Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

subframe connectors u mean...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Yeah...sorry thats what I meant.

Reply to
Erik D.

WELL................. SHAME ON YOU.. jk ;).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

So.

DC

Reply to
Deadcarnahans

Intelligent response.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Very....sometimes I am amazed at the intelligence level of some people on the internet. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.