Re: 1966 Drum single Master Cylinder to Dual Master Cylinder conversion

Best bet would be to find a '67 parting out and get the splitter valve etc. Re-do the hardlines like the '67's and install a new master for a '67. StuK

Hi, > > I'm a new vintage mustang owner, and for saftey's sake, would like to change > my single master cylinder to dual. I do not wish to add power brakes, nor > disk brakes. What do I need to do to complete this task? > Thanks > >
Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Here's a link for a Geo Metro brake booster master cylinder hope that it helps. Rusty

Rusty

I'm not aware of any dual MC from another car that will simply bolt in. But if you have a hack saw and a welder, you can make anything fit ;) Look in the various parts catalogs. There are a number specially made kits to bolt that in. Stainless Steel Brakes comes to mind. If you want to get fancy, CNC makes a pretty cool dual MC that I'm using in my Cobra.

Reply to
.boB

I believe National Parts Depot has both the dual master cylinders, and brake boosters that will fit the 65/66 cars.

John

66 2+2
Reply to
John Del