Turn signals...

Hi everybody... This is my first time posting anything anywhere on the web. So please be patient.

I have a 88 Mustang GT 5.0 hatchback. I was wondering if anybody know how to speed up the turn signals? I know it may sound trivial but my blinkers are slow and it really bugs me.

Your input is appreciated.

Reply to
Chon

There are a couple issues that may be at work here. The car's 15 years old now, and is probably wearing through some things.

First, how's the volt gauge look? It should be on the larger middle line pretty much consistently. If not, you may have a charging or grounding problem. As the relay operates by heating up and releasing contacts, a lack of voltage will cause the turn signals to blink slower.

Second, it could be the relay itself. It could wear over time and eventually want replaced. I'm not sure where exactly they live on these cars as I've never had to change one.

Check the volt gauge first and if it's low, troubleshoot from there. If all that seems fine, I'd try swapping the relay.

JS

Reply to
JS

Have you replaced the flasher unit? Also check for burned out bulbs. Lack of load ( bulb) on the turn signal unit will cause it to be slow or stay on constantly due to low current in the circuit. Also consider an electronic flasher module. A little more money but not load sensitive. Good Luck HTH StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

all of the bulbs are working fine. As for the flasher unit, I will look into that first. Any idea where it is located?

Again, Thanks for the input.

load ( bulb)

low current

Reply to
Chon

While your at it change the headlight fluid as well. ROTFL

Reply to
Luna