Re: BBK 62mm Throttle Body

Hey everyone, is a BBK throttle body worth the investment for my 98 Cobra? I

>can get one for about $150.00 slightly used. > >I also notice that I lose about 1/2 quart oil between drains (every 3k >miles). I currently use Mobil1 5/30 synthetic. Some say it is normal, some >say it is not. Any feedback would be appreciated. > >Steve

Synthetic oil seems to be more prone to loss via blow by than regular oil. There is still the "jury out" thing on whether cars broken in with synthetic actually break in correctly. The loss is normal, IMO, if you drive agressively at all. I've seen it in two of my three cars.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

...the BBK TB. Performance wise by itself my opinion is no. I have the 65 on my '01. The TB opening was actually larger than the intake. So it had to be opened up. So unless you do the same, it seems the intake is the restriction, not the TB.

Reply to
Barrett