Re: Do any other cars have 73mm calipers that will bolt on to a 88 5L? TIA

>From: Sonicmonkey

> >>I'm thinking about puttting some 73mm >>Anyone know if there are any other cars >that i could look for them on >>other than svo stangs? > >The mid to late 80's LincolnMK7's and Continentals (angled trunk) use the 73mm >calipers which are a direct bolt on. > > >TIM -aka- > snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM >
Sonicmonkey

Will a 86 Continental work? My friend said it was 82-83 for those cars. And do you know if the 73mm will work on stock rotors? I'm going to put some cross drilled rotors on but might not be for a bit and am wondering if I can just use the 73mm calipers till then.

Thanks Scott

Reply to
Sonicmonkey

I did the 73mm caliper/1.250" MC swap a few years ago, and my rear drums are now totally worthless. Is this a known problem, or did I screw something up? I wouldn't care about the rear brakes, but the smog testers do. They neeed to be able to stop the drums to finish the dyno test.

Chris

Reply to
Chris1

Chris,

You should have used an adjustable proportioning valve.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I thought a prop valve can only reduce the rear brakes even more? Am I mistaken about this? When I test the brakes with the car up on jack stands, it almost seems like I'm bottoming out the MC, yet the wheels keep on turning at idle in 1st. The engine does not stall.

Chris

Reply to
Chris1