Re: How many are happy with a Mustang-2004-2005-2006?

Dulce bellum inexpertis.

Reply to
Wound Up

"Backyard Mechanic" wrote

I'm thinking of pulling the bench from my '68 Ranchero and putting it in the '69 Boss clone. Oh comfy!

Ummmmmmmm, NO!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"KJ.Kate" wrote

Actually I was thinking "Lime Jell-O" instead of mud.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Oh come on, Scott. It allows entirely new pimped-out seating angles to be achieved, and makes spirited driving the work it should be.

Reply to
Wound Up
**TISK TISK!!* Rolling of the eyes

seriously LIME?

Have you no imagination man?

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Vigilia pretium libertatis.

Reply to
Wound Up

"KJ.Kate" wrote

Of course, It's all I could think of on the spot. I was just thinking "WET" at the time and thought I wanted to add a little "flavor". I personally prefer "Cherry", but thought that may be a bit over the top. You have any BETTER ideas Kate? Maybe you can show me what a REAL imagination can come up with... Wink Wink ;)

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Well how about tapioca pudding? Chunky, fun and delicious. Yum, gotta love that texture!

Reply to
Wound Up

: > seriously LIME? : >

: > Have you no imagination man? : : Of course, It's all I could think of on the spot. I was just thinking "WET" : at the time and thought I wanted to add a little "flavor". I personally : prefer "Cherry", but thought that may be a bit over the top. You have any : BETTER ideas Kate? Maybe you can show me what a REAL imagination can come up : with... Wink Wink ;) : -- : Scott W. : '66 HCS Mustang 289 : '68 Ranchero 500 302 : '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W : ThunderSnake #57 :

LOL! Seriously, I was thinking Cherry too, or chocolate puddin!

KJK

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Deo volente ;)

Wound Up

Why is that?

After years of persecution, most centaurs in the US now live peaceably in tightly knit Amish and other Mennonite communities. This was not a problem until the Industrial Revolution, when centaurs were, by default, ostracized from the progress the new era brought. As a cyclops living in Missouri, I have met many Amish centaurs. The elders, as usual, find the complaints of the younger generations trifling and petty. "Would you rather we be slaughtered or put in carnival side-shows", they haughtily say. Literacy is very high among centaurs, and naturally the younger ones want to pursue advanced education and careers among humans, but it's sadly just not to be. The only alternative are little-known centaur communes, like the one on Santorini, where the younger ones can find more freedoms. However, growing up with Amish sensibilities, they are often forbidden passage and risk (literally) everyone turning their backs and tails on them if they disobey. These communes are seen as dens of iniquity and orgiastic frenzy, to which the younger ones say "so is human college". Centaur smuggling is indeed a profitable trade for less virtuous cyclops and troll truckers and container ship captains. Of course, it's frowned upon by all, because it risks exposure of all. But you cannot stop youth.

Neither the cyclops nor the centaur are truly accepted for who they are, but it's a lot easier every day (and I have precisely 18,203 left) to wear a mask and have to act human, than to wear a torso and have to act like a horse.

Reply to
Wound Up

"Wound Up" wrote

[...]

Piers Anthony fan?

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

: > >ZombyWoof wrote: : > >> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:15:19 GMT, Wound Up

: > >> wrote: : > >>

: > >>

: > >>>Dulce bellum inexpertis. : > >>>

: > >>

: > >> Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori : > >

: > >Vigilia pretium libertatis. : > >

: > Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem : : Deo volente ;) : : Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.

Or at least qualify for a drives license in Canada ;¬D

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I actually did read several of his books as a teenager (On A Pale Horse and the others), and always have had an interest in Greek and Roman mythology. I particularly like the Greek myths about Hades.

I've actually been wondering what Mr. Anthony has written since that series. Now, I'm going to check out post-Christmas sales. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Wound Up

"Wound Up" wrote

*whack!*

: > Piers Anthony fan? : >

: > KJK : >

: : I actually did read several of his books as a teenager (On A Pale Horse : and the others), and always have had an interest in Greek and Roman : mythology. I particularly like the Greek myths about Hades. : : I've actually been wondering what Mr. Anthony has written since that : series. Now, I'm going to check out post-Christmas sales. Any suggestions? :

I read the entire Xanth series when I was in my early 20s. All they had back then anyway. When Kristen was a youngin I introduced them to her and he is still her favorite author. I still recommend it if you're in the mood for some fantasy with a splash of humor.

I have not read any of his stuff for a long time BUT If you're interested in something that is light hearted fun and fantasy try Robert Lynn Asprin's Myth Adventures. Lots of tongue in cheek humor there and it's definitely light reading.

Oh hey! I am reading something right now that I picked up on a whim. Jimmy Buffett - A Salty Piece of Land. Again, strictly recreational reading and if you can get past the hokey character names, the story isn't all bad. It's about a cowboy that goes to sea.

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Snow in Baja? I don't think so!

Heh, I Google it (or one like it) out any time someone here mentions "Mustang" and "4x4" in the same sentence. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I wrote something whack? Damn, I dint know I was so DOWN.

Xanth.. THAT'S right...

I need some light reading. Thanks Kate.

I can relate to Jimmy Buffett. The title is familiar. I might need a bottle of Cuervo to get into it, but that said, I'm game!!!

=)

Good to chat again K

Wound Up

: > *whack!* : >

: : I wrote something whack? Damn, I dint know I was so DOWN.

LOL smartazzz

: > Robert Lynn Asprin's Myth Adventures. : > Lots of tongue in cheek humor there and it's definitely light reading. : >

: : I need some light reading. Thanks Kate.

I would say that the Myth Adventures is one of my all time favorites for that sort of reading... tell ya what, have a look right here:

helluva bargain!

: : > Oh hey! I am reading something right now that I picked up on a whim. Jimmy : > Buffett - A Salty Piece of Land. Again, strictly recreational reading and if : > you can get past the hokey character names, the story isn't all bad. It's : > about a cowboy that goes to sea. : >

: : I can relate to Jimmy Buffett. The title is familiar. I might need a : bottle of Cuervo to get into it, but that said, I'm game!!! : : =) : : Good to chat again K : : J

You too kid. The Jimmy Buffett book I got at Sams I think, has a Lighthouse on the front. I am reading it one bubble bath at a time. The best part is where he sinks a Jeep into a pothole, clear up to the windshield in mud.

As for the rest, I'd go back to the Myth series LOL

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate