2005 Mustang GT??

Any of you out there own this new beast? If so, how about a review. I'd like to hear some pros and con from real drivers (don't trust magazines with the advertising dollars thrown their way their likely to say anything).

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
Jack Dotson

I've got one. I love it. It's got a 'thunk' from the rear end when touching the gas pedal at low speeds in 2nd or 3rd. I complained when I first bought the car and the transmission was replaced. Sound is still there. Dealer said it was 'normal'. Will have a different dealer look at it when I take it in for the 5000 mile service.

Also, the gas tank was replaced due to a design problem which allowed gas to only trickle into the tank.

I'm keeping my eyes out for a manual GT in the Wash. DC area to compare with mine, as far as the noise from the rear end goes.

Reply to
John H.

my friend bought an 05 saleen & twin turboed it.. I have driven it several times and love it... of course my 88 notch is still my fav!!!!

Reply to
IsellJeeps

What does 'twin turboed' mean? (FYI, I'm a new Mustang owner.) Also, would those kind of modifications void the warranty?

Reply to
John H.

he added 2 turbos to it yes it voids the warranty

Reply to
IsellJeeps

here are pics

IsellJeeps

Thanks, and wow!

Reply to
John H.

I got one and I LOVE it! Great car, great styling, and fast as he!!!

If you want more information from owners, check out AllFordMustang.Com and TheMustangSource.Com. Great sites with loads of information, both the good and the ugly.

Reply to
Jeff

I've got the V6 convertible and love it but there are a few quality control issues:

Press down in the drivers well and it goes up and down and sounds like a pop can. The panels directly over the roof hinges are bruised already and need replacing Squeeks from a variety of places (dash, roof, back seat) Anti-lock flutter at times for no reason - not even close to locking up Manual transmission clunks in 1st and 2nd ...

I'm at about 1800 km on this brand new car. Seeing as none of this is engine or suspension related, the GT experience should be similar. Ah, who am I kidding, aside for its good looks its a pile of shit. Cost me $32K Canadian - should have just kept the older Mustang GT. Wait till the problems are resolved with this car first - it is definitely a first year car.

Ciao, MT

Reply to
Texas Ranger

Yes.

It rocks my world, and has gotten me laid.

No problems other than the gas tank shutoff glitch. They fixed it and all is good. The Shaker 1000 even plays the grotty old generic CD-RWs I use and reuse.

Although one of the fog lamps burned out the other day.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation