2004 Mustangs; would you buy one with the 2005 model so close?

I was leafing through a 2004 Mustang brochure and was thinking how many '04s will be purchased with the new 2005 model coming this fall?

Steve '92 Mustang LX 5.0 (with

Reply to
Sandlmyers

Tons, I'll bet. There's a host of folks who don't know there's a model change coming, don't trust the first MY, and/or believe that the last MY of the SN95 will be worth something extra :).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

I might consider it, but if I was going to do it, I'd wait until much later in the year and look for some really good deals.

Reply to
Kenny

I think there are quite a bit. Despite the old frame the Mustang is alive and kicking. I see a lot of them. It's and the end of it's life, but it's fully developed. No or little bugs left. I still think the current model looks pretty good too. It might keep some people away, but I bet they won't have problems selling them. On top of that there is good financing and great rebates. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Funny -- I just put down this months Motor Trend Magazine. They say '04 stang sales are up this year.

I agree that even though it's at the end of it's run, it's stil a fun car to drive.

Reply to
joe

I'm still having 'way too much fun with my '02 convertible [26K miles]; yet I do think about it. I fancy a GT next time, but right now I don't know if I will want to wait until the bugs get worked out of the first MY '05s. Could be I won't even like the '05 convertible when it finally gets here a year or so from now. Then I'd definitely be looking for a just-right '04.

Reply to
CGrn

Reply to
.boB

I bought the first one [2004] titled in Seattle WA. You bet I'd buy it!!! The last of a style ALWAYS has value. It's a GT Convertible - NOT offered in the first year of the new Plastic Retro Interior, albeit neat body style. My Last of the Body Style will have REAL RESALE value amongst the lovers of the more compact type. Jury's out on whether the new style will have "followers" - my bet is that it'll be a winner, but they blew it by not offering a convertible in the first year. If they had, I might have waited - or bought one of each. Ciao Brian in Seattle

Reply to
Brian from Home

On 27 Feb 2004 07:36:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (joe) wrote something wonderfully witty:

I was just at the dealer today looking at a F-150. There was a yellow with black accents Mach 1 sitting right next to the truck I was interested in. There to buy a truck and couldn't keep my eyes off the car. Took all my strength not to ask to take it for a test drive. It sure had a pretty mouth. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:30:26 GMT, "Brian from Home" wrote something wonderfully witty:

If the history of what is valuable to collectors holds true the reverse is true. It is the first of anything that has the value. Not the last. Get back with me in 20 years and let me know how it worked out for you. As soon as the `05's hit there will be still plenty of never titled `04s sitting on dealers lots being moved out at clearance prices. That is what will kill your value. Folks will be buying untitled no milage `04s in October for less then you need to get out of yours on a resale.

I went to look at a new F150 today. For 2004 there are actually two versions of the F-150 available. The new body style and the `04 Heritage which is basically the old body style. An `04 Heritage F-150 is about 8K cheaper right now then a comparable `04 new body style. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

That's nice to see. I remember when I bought my late '92 just before the '94 change over sales of the fox bodied Mustangs had gone down. Funny how things works, it took me a long time to warm up to the '94 - '04 Mustangs, and now they're on the way out.

Reply to
Sandlmyers

I bought a 2004 Mach 1.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd
** I was leafing through a 2004 Mustang brochure and was thinking how many '04s ** will be purchased with the new 2005 model coming this fall?

Fools, money, soon parted. Few new car buyers actually do their homework these days anyway, evidenced by so many Hooooon-dahs running around here.

Warmest regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------- Please note: I use a 'white list' to screen incoming mail. Unless you are on this list, your reply will never reach me. Are you on my white list? If unsure, use 'important-mail' in the subject line.

Reply to
JD Adams

I would have liked nothing more than to get an 05'. It's like a trip through the time tunnel but the deal I got on an 04' GT was too good to pass up. Production on the 04's stopped in mid February. They are now gearing up for the 05's which were expected in April but now looks like late summer early fall. I had mine built to order and waited approx 6 weeks for it. Picked it up 2 weeks ago. I got the car for the dealer invoice price through a combination of haggling, dealing with 4 different Ford dealers and ultimately because the car was being ordered and not sitting on a lot paid for by the dealer. They don't need to make a profit on ordered cars but I'm certain they still get some back end incentives out of the deal from Ford. He just popped in the options I wanted, printed out the order sheet and handed it to me. Dealer invoice in black and white. Take off the nice 3k rebate and I ended up getting the car for $19,500, out the door after tax was around $21,500. The 05's right now are selling themselves. The dealers I had visited ALL had waiting lists and deposits a mile long. You can bet your ass there will be NO rebates or incentives offered on this car but at the same time the price is expected to only be around 1k more than the current model so It is still very affordable.

Jeff Foglietta

04 Mustang GT 67 Pontiac GTO

Reply to
Jeff
** The 05's right now are selling themselves. The dealers ** I had visited ALL had waiting lists and deposits a mile long. You can ** bet your ass there will be NO rebates or incentives offered on this ** car but at the same time the price is expected to only be around 1k ** more than the current model so It is still very affordable.

Like Chrysler's PT Cruiser, they'll probably go for 2-3K over MSRP the first year. The '04's are a bargain, and will be until the end of the summer, then they'll pay YOU to take it off their hands after the '05's hit the lot.

I've also noticed that Ford has stopped advetising the '04's. Both '04's and '05's will fly off lots until the end of the year. This should be a very good year for Ford salesman indeed!

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Local Ford dealer told me they expect to be sold out of '04s long before the first '05s are off the production line and that there was a good chance that this may be seen nationally!

Reply to
avoidspam

There's a Ford dealership with 300+ of them on the lot right now in Tampa, FL. I seriously doubt that they'll sell out of them before the '05's on the street. People will either be looking for an '05 or holding out for the best possible offer on an '04. On top of that, there are those that are hesitant about the '05 and are waiting to see it in person before deciding which to get....

I think you'll see the '04 on the lots for quite some time yet.

JS

Reply to
JS