Re: My testimonial, my rant

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:27:05 -0600, Brad wrote something wonderfully witty:

I would not have expected any other answer. It is the pat defense when defending a foreign product purchase.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Good point. I'd imagine she might have a greater initial respect for you.

However, let's say that you had enough cash to get practically any car you wanted. Would a woman be more impressed if you pulled up in an 03 Cobra, or an 03 Mercedes CLK or a BMW 330i?

If I had to pick between the cars (cost notwithstanding), I think I'd still take the Cobra. It's just that I like Mustangs. They are more fun to drive than the others and that's what counts for me. I don't care about my car affects my "image".

But I've noticed there are a lot of people that buy cars to boost their "image". Here's a good example:

There is a guy I see in the company parking lot almost every day who had a BMW 325. He obviously had an aftermarket exhaust on it because it's noticeably louder than stock. Practically every friggin day he'd rev his engine at me when I pulled up in my 99 GT. He'd rev, and then peek in his rear view mirror to see if I was looking. My girlfriend thought he was nuts.

After I got my Cobra, he completely stopped revving at me. However, two weeks later, he pulls up in a brand new BMW X5. Now he revs that thing at me!

How silly.

Reply to
nytebyte

Pretty sad statement... Im sure your maker will appreciate that the real world is all about the toys.........tom

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

You'll point?

everywhere?

Reply to
Serge

On 23 Jul 2003 09:27:06 -0500, nytebyte wrote something wonderfully witty:

Probably more like a small pony, but I digress. While there are more then likely girls (note not women) who care or are impressed with what a boy (note not a man) drives. But it is more then likely going to take some type of high end piece of Euro-Machine. Don't think many of them are going to get all gushy over something as common place as a Mustang. Regardless of how nicely you have it fixed up. Not many female car-nuts out there. They are nice to meet when you come across them though.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Just an observation, tom. Look around, watch the news....sad, but true.

-- John C. '00GT Convt. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

Everytime someone in something other than a Mustang revs at me, I just act like I'm hanging my head to sob (secretly looking at the light for the other direction to time when ours changes). That V6 of mine really gets off the line quick. By the time they catch up, I've already got the turn signal on and making my turn to home.

Doesn't happen that often, but if feels good to know that I can beat allot of these ricers off the line. I doubt any of them have a bottle hooked up. And if they do, they probably won't chance a spray from a dead stop.

Reply to
Greg B.

No offense, but...

Motor Trend (6/99) "?98 Ford Escort ZX2, Economy Car with Attitude.?

p.144 ?Quarter-mile passes were made in 16.0 seconds at 86.2 mph, quicker than a recently tested ?99 Mustang convertible V-6.?

In other words, don't be messing with no Escorts. ;-)

Hey man, had I the money when I was shopping for a new car back in '99, I would have bought a V6 convertible. Too many issues for a similarly priced coupe vs. my Civic (flat seats, rubbery shifter, no moonroof, etc.) BUT owning a convertible would have negated EVERYTHING I didn't like about the Mustang, as would a V8 engine (imagine having both) - but I could afford neither.

The moonroof with windows rolled down just isn't the same...

Reply to
Mark Gonzales

Yeah, I already know about them Escorts. My mom owns a '93 Escort GT. That thing has some serious pick-up-n-go for a four banger!

Reply to
Greg B.

across

My neigbors wife is a car chick! and she's really hot..too bad he's a cop!

Nice guy though. real gear head. built a 69 camaro from the ground up. Dyno's at over 650HP. runs in the high 8's.

Matt

89 5.0 GT Vert
Reply to
Matt

I think I want one of these 500 HP Focuses:

nytebyte

Reply to
Brad

Here's a tip for any guys who might not know otherwise. -- Women like riding in fast/nice cars. Women do not like having *conversations* about fast/nice cars.

Some of the most in-car attention I've ever gotten was when driving my brother's half-rusted, cracked windshield, slow-ass '74 VW Bug convertible. Constant honks and waves. I felt like I was in Bizarro world.

Hmmmm, that reminds me, I should buy a '74 VW Bug convertible.

Reply to
Brad

Have you ever seen how much attention slammed Bugs get in CA? I'm not from there but have friends there, and Bugs are, apparently, tres kewl! Hot rodding, I hate to say, doesn't just apply to Mustangs...

Brad S

Reply to
Brad

"Brad" observed...

| Here's a tip for any guys who might not know otherwise. -- Women like | riding in fast/nice cars. Women do not like having *conversations* | about fast/nice cars.

EHM! Some women don't like having conversations.... Because they generally don't know enough about cars to hold an intelligent conversation. May are afraid or too disinterested to learn. Funny thing, there are few gals in this group. Cindy, Donna and myself are the most regular... oh.. and "Trouble's" mom..(forgot her name) LOL... swell, I remember the car, not the gal!

| | Some of the most in-car attention I've ever gotten was when driving my | brother's half-rusted, cracked windshield, slow-ass '74 VW Bug | convertible. Constant honks and waves. I felt like I was in Bizarro | world. | | Hmmmm, that reminds me, I should buy a '74 VW Bug convertible.

That's just not right.... Ewww...

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate