Re: Steed 4.6L timing adjuster - any good?

a while back mm&ff came out with an article about the steeda timing adjuster. at that time steeda had a kit: 2 flowmaster mufflers (no pipes), a pro-m 77 mm mass air meter, and a steeda timing adjuster. the kit costed $929. it was said to give a 25 hp increase at the rear wheels. i'm not sure how old the article is because it was one of many articles compiled in a book i bought, but i think it was in 1999, so maybe the kit costs more, and maybe they don't offer it anymore.

hope this was a little helpful.

gary

Hi. I am looking for more info on this and what you think of it. I don't > have engine mods to my '97 GT and probably will never do anything. > > I have been filling in with 91 octane gas for many years and want to stick > to that but want to perhaps get this adjuster to take advantage of that > extra gas cost. Is it easy to adjust this device to take advantage of that > and how much more HP can I expect? > > I already have a set of underdrive pulleys (with piggy backed crank pulley) > and since the timing adjuster won't work in this case: > > Should I buy and entire set of new 4.6L Steeda pulleys? > or > Should I put back my stock pulleys and then piggy back the timing adjuster > on the crank pulley? This option saves money but perhaps I lose some HP > again. > > Thanks for your advice. > > -- > Please remove SPAM notice from my e-mail if replying directly. > >
Reply to
gary a