Re: Supercharged Mustang Conv. GT 91.. purchased... Questions../pics..

> I use to have a slightly modified mustang before. I was wondering

> > what precautions to take when driving and taking car of a car like > > this. I have a general understand of the car but I am going to have > > the work done on the car with a reputable garage in town. > > TRANNY > > I noticed when shifting into 2nd gear that doesn't grab all the time > > and sometimes kicks out. Once it is in it is fine. I am just careful > > when driving it with 2nd. What needs to be done correct that? I am > > thinking taking apart the transmission or replacing the whole tranny. >Bad synchronizer in 2nd gear

Bad synchronizer in 2nd gear

So if there is a bad synchronizer, do you have to replace the whole transmission to fix this problem. I am guessing taking the whole thing apart untless it was myself would run high in labor.

***New Question*** Does the lockwire head gaskets need to be torqued to 100 ft. lb.s or does this seem a bit high to you?

> NOISE

> > When the car starts up, the bends or the pulleys make some squally > > noise. Then is goes away after it has been on for awhile. What would > > that be? > > Worn or loose belt >

Thinking it is a belt running off the supercharger.

> OIL > > The oil I used was Mobil one. I went with 10 weight. I also went > > with a high performance fram oil filter. Should I use 10 weight and > > any oil filter will do? > > Dont you mean 10W30? Should be fine with 10W30 > > > > > I am planning on changing the oil every 2000 miles.

What about the oil filter. Are all the same or is it worth the less extra money to buy the more expense one?

The car uses a breather cap and one side of the engine block. Why is that. What pressure needs to be come out there?

Reply to
Christopher J. Martin

Christopher J. Martin opined

To be delicate, are you sure you are up to replacing the synch yourself?

Ever seen a trans torn down?

What?... you torque them to what the instructions say. If not sure, call the HG mfr

Purolater Pure One (advance, meijer's) is really good, motorcraft is good. NOT the highly advertised one with four letter name.

High boost blowby.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic