Re: Unionized

Companies who use unionized workers are 27 percent more productive,

> according to a recent report published in Scientific American. > Millwright Ronwww.unionmillwright.com

Maybe that's why all these companies are standing in line to be unionized!!!!!! ROFLAO!!!!!

Seriously, Ron. This is a newsgroup for Ford Mustangs. If you continue your non-Ford Mustang rants on this site, your posts will be attacked. I guess that is your goal, isn't it?

A couple of questions........How many businesses have you owned? If you owned and ran a PRIVATE business, would you want all of your employees to be union?

Something to think about......

Reply to
Kruse

"Millwright Ron" is "Moron Ron".

Can't figure out this a Ford Mustang group.

Is that why do they keep you in a Union? Sympathy ?

Reply to
hostlocal

like Ford and GM ? Now bankrupt due to Union Health care and Union retirement, and Union pay 10 times higher than Mexico?? for what, 27% more productive with poorer quality, and crappier cars? Is that why Toyota is now worlds Best? Got a reference for that SA or are you just making stuff up, pussy?

Reply to
Dudly

Union funds need bulking up with the new contracts where all is transfered to the unions to handle. Membership probably sees the writing on the wall.... 'how are we going to pay for those lavish lifestyles our leadership leads now????'

Reply to
Spike

I have noticed that you are more likely to be union management that union labour.... Are you paid commission on new members? I'm 58 years old.... I had my little roll in the hay with unions.... I ain't going back there again....

Unions make the best of us equal with the worst of us..... Communism at it's best....

Now that the Berlin wall is down, have we changed to "better red than....?".

Millwright Ron.... My son is 20 years old... works on a service rig... no union to be had. A week after his 18th birthday, he bought a house. His life ain't easy... but at least he is doing something wth it other than waiting for millwright ron to show him the light....

Companies that use unionized labour have higher costs (or did we forget where your wages come from?).... companies with unionized labour areone of the major reasns why jobs are "going off shore"...

Reply to
<mechanic

Which Chamber of Commerce? AFAIK they are all local. And for the record the dictionary definition of "union" is not that same as the working definition of "labor union."

Reply to
WindsorFo

Wow... don't they have your head crammed full of their rhetoric....

The union will try it's best to get you a raise.... no matter how badly you do not deserve one... OTOH, many of us try to rise above our peers with our talents and skills EARNING as we go...

Reply to
<mechanic

Sounds good, hard work for fair pay. Until someone starts sucking off various levels of management and gets more than the "hard working" guy by blowing their way to success. That's why they call it success. Lets not forget the guy who the boss just doesn't like, even though he busts his hump and does his job well he's held back.

Who's got their head full of management rhetoric?

It's not what you know it's who you blow is how non union shops work, merits have less affect. Seen that too many times....... Tech for 35 yrs now and have felt the union difference for the last few. Fair days pay for a fair days work. Rules are the rules and equally enforced for all and the employee has recourse for the mgmt. d*****ad who doesn't like his red hair or tattoo or family illness, the list is long. Contract spells out the raise rules for all, not just for one single person. Oh wait, that means yaw can't achieve success.......damn union.............

Millwright boy, take it elsewhere, your preaching to the frickin choir..........

Reply to
Repairman54

Well if you're correct in the assumption that he is some sort of leader, then that's to be expected.

Reply to
WindsorFo

As my now deceased former father in law, and confirmed union man, no union member alive ever sees the gain from a strike. Future workers will.

When on strike for those bennies, the orker gets paid a "strike wage" which depleats the union funds. Those funds must be replenished in order to pay for the next strike.

Meanwhile, strike wages are not enough to pay all the bills, especially for those on the lower end of the pay scale.

On the other hand, who do we see still living the lavish lifestyle? The union leadership. I give them, and their predecessors credit though. They found a way to live that life on the backs of the union workers (and even non-union workers who are required to pay the equivilent of union dues toward some project or another). I ask, where is the difference between union leadership and corporate management? It's obvious corporate management had a fiduciary responsibility to make a profit for shareholders. Who is living off whose labors???

If we didn't have all these unions, what would the price of a head of lettuce be today? It all adds up. The Farm Workers, then the Truckers, and the Grocery Workers, etc. Each has to push the price higher in order to get their share. And who has to pay for that head of lettuce? Along with everyone else, it's those same union workers. In place of a head of lettuce, we could say Mustang.

@@ @@@ \ _ @@@@ ___ @ [ ] Heads will roll.........

Reply to
veegerNOSPAM

SNIP

Well, put. You see it wherever you go. The clerks, the managers, etc, don't see CUSTOMERS as more than cash cows. They know their competitors treat the customers the same, and they have driven the small businesses that recognized that the customer is the reason they are there, not the other way around into the ground. Gone are the days when you walk into a business and they know you by name.

I will admit that exceptions still exist, but are getting darn hard to find.

Reply to
veegerNOSPAM

I don't have any problem with the concept of Labor Unions. Problem is, I've yet to see an equitable implementation that doesn't cheat someone . In my three-different-unions career, each started out as altruistic organizations that found ways to benefit the members without penalizing the industry/businsess; Each eventually found ways to penalize everyone but the Union leadership, who seem to have lost touch with their original altruism, honesty, and integrety.

I realize that three unions may not yield a statistically significant sample, but it convinced me. I quit. The Union leadership fought itself into oblivion, and ended up in their Caribbean retirement homes without a constituency, but pretty pleased with what the former union members had given them.

Seemed to me, and seems still, that the higher levels of Union Management are like higher levels of Government: the people who arrive there are either concealing their motives or don't recognize their own pathology. Either way, they have feet of shit.

As for the Chamber of Commence, it's too late: they also have begun the slide down the slippery slope.

Reply to
Frank ess

Power corrupts..... absolute power corrupts absolutely...

Locks were not invented to keep thieves at bay.... they were invented to keep honest men honest.

Reply to
<mechanic

Along with the S&W revolver... the first point and click input device. :0)

And, now a word or two to our newest members with their pro union propaganda*......

You have been Kill Filed.... I guess that proves that unions do result in violence and killing. :0)

*Propaganda is NOT lying. Propaganda is the truth told with a twist in favor of the person using it. Perhaps that explains why union leadership influences the workers in the same way governments influence citizens. You don't have to join the union, but, if you don't, you'll wish you were working somewhere else. Kinda like being the only Conservative professor at a university. You sure know how General Custer felt.
Reply to
veegerNOSPAM