Rear Defroster Warrenty

A couple of the elements on my rear defroster have quit. Is this covered by there 3 year 36,000 mile warrenty?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Umm.. what year is the car? Is it still under warranty? Did you DO something to them by accident or ignorance or did they just fail?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Matt opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

if they did, it would just be patch-repaired... you arent going to get a new window

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I disagree. If the car is new enough and still under warranty AND if he is firm, they should replace the window. Of course, he has not even monitored this post so I bet that he isn't really that good at details.

Kate

| > Matt | >

| | if they did, it would just be patch-repaired... you arent going to get a new | window

Reply to
SVTKate

This is a 2002 Mustang GT. When I purchased it it was 3-5 months old in January 2003 with 9k miles and 3 elements in the rear defrost did not work from that date. Purchased it from a dealer over a hundred miles away though. It has 30k+ miles now and I want to tint the windows so its time to think about this again.

Otherwise the Mustang runs like a champ. So should I take it to dealer or should I just get a $20 rear defrost repair kit? Do those work? I bought it used and 3 elements did not work from day one. Thats not saying previous owner did not screw it up cleaning it or something.

I love my Mustang I just don't like paying the insurance on it. At 35 I would think they would give me more of a break for no accidents or tickets.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Matt, No matter where you bought the Mustang if it's warranty work any dealership should cover it. Personally, I would take it down to the nearest one and explain the situation. If you have to bow your neck a little. I have done it many times and gotten great results on all sorts of things that should might have been turned down. I do believe that you would be better off to drive the hour and a half to the place where you bought the car though. The reason is, they made the money on the sale. I would call their service department and tell them what the problem is. Then make an appointment to take it in and explain the distance and that you will WAIT for the vehicle. Explain that they will need to order the parts and have them confirm that they have arrived before you ever leave the house.

If they can repair the defroster and have it be reliable I would say that is a much better way to go than having the glass replaced. Often it never quite looks the same, the moldings do not fit as tight, this isn't tucked in right, that isn't flush, the other isn't quite the same as it was. You see what I mean.

Best of luck to you! Let us know what happens!

Kate

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to