rear defroster interference

I had the rear defroster on for the first time this season and when it's on I lose the reception on the radio - just static all stations, turn off the defroster and the radio is fine again. Any thoughts as to how I'd fix this? Thanks Maurice '95 740i

Reply to
Maurice

That sounds like there is a slight break in one of the demister wires - that will make a small spark which will interfere with the radio reception, particularly because the aerial uses the same wires as the demister. You could try repairing it with some stuff like

To find the break, look for where it isn't demisting.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

..or, in the case with mine, look for where it demists in the circle before the demisted lines appear

Reply to
adder1969