Removing & Replacing Oil Pan

I'm in the process of replacing the oil pan on a 1991 Ford LTD (5.0 Liter Engine). Any suggestions on the best way to do this. Anything I should watchout for specifically? The Haynes book says the oil pan can be removed & replaced without pulling the engine by jacking the engine up at the oil pan, inserting blocks under the engine mounts, dropping the oil pan, removing the oil pickup tube and oil pump then working the pan out (may require rotating the crankshaft).

Thanks Banjo

Reply to
<rcln