replace glove box on 66 mustang

Hello,

I have a new glove box i need to get in and am wondering how to insert it. i have gotten under the dash and see the space is way too small to slide it under. is there a site that has replacemet instructions or has someone out there done one and can steer me in the right direction?

thanks much and happy motoring!

Reply to
rodney

Mine was an original replacement, folded cardboard. Just remove the retainer screws, fold it up, and pull it straight out the front. I can't remember if I had to remove the dorr or not, but I don't think so.

Reply to
.boB

Mustang Monthly or Mustangs and Fords just did an article on this subject within the past couple of months. You might check their web sites.

veegerNO SPAM

thanks boB. there wasn't a glove box in there so the removal isn't a biggie, it's just figuring out how to get the new one in. i took a look at the replacement after reading your post and the new insert doesn't look like it will fold down and allow me to push it in through the glove box door.

Reply to
rodney

thanks Spike.

great tip on the websites. they have lots of great info on there. i looked for the article you mentioned and they must have pulled it already as it's not on either site under the tech articles links. i appreciate the effort!

Reply to
rodney

just fold the glove box along the score lines. If the oil board does not have score lines. Return it you got the wrong one. the sides fold in first then the top and bottom collapse toward each other and the whole think slides right into place.

Reply to
walt peifer

thanks Walt!

walt peifer wrote:

Reply to
rodney

if it doest fold, i put mine in on 65 from under the dash. Have to move wires, etc., but it goes, not a big job

Reply to
oldford