Broken locked glove box

I was returning home with an air compressor in the front seat of my 98 Impreza. It shifted while I was holding it in place and smacked into my glove box. It smashed the lever breaking it and now I can't get it open. What's the best way to "break in" to my glove box without doing too much damage to the dash. My wallet is in there and I'd like to get it out without damaging it too badly. Can I drill the lock out? All attempts to get it open with leverage have failed. Thanks

Reply to
mbjj

Well, it's been four days now ... did you ever get your wallet back ???

jw

Reply to
J999w

I would have thought the best way to break into your own glove box would have been with a key, hey?

Reply to
Andrew Morris