replacing lock actuator in 99 GT

Anyone replaced the lock actuator in a 99 - 04 GT? My repair manual is sadly lacking in detail for that repair. What all is involved?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I did it in my 89 and it was pretty easy. I don't know what the differences are, but mine had a U shaped plastic mount that was stuck to the door with a huge aluminum pop-rivet. Many instructions say to drill out the pop-rivet and replace the whole thing. I found it much easier to just spread the ears on the U enough to flip one side out and then pull the motor out. I put the new one back in the same way.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I've done them on my old Fox bodies too. But looking at the picture of what I can get on ebay (item 220381456227) it's a different animal. I guess I'll just have to dive in.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher